Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason evrytime I have my foot on the gas theres a high pitched tinging or pinging sound. Sorta like a rattle coming from infront of the passengers foot. This only happens when accelerating. The instant I take my foot off the gas it stops. As long as the foot is pressing down the throttle it makes the rattling noise. Anyone else experience it? It doenst matter if you mash the pedal to the floor or if you press it down gingerly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
910 Posts
Tsb

It's probably the grouding problem. There's a TSB out for it- basically they'll just reground your engine. Is it coming from the right (passenger) side?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
60 Posts
scooter996 said:
For some reason evrytime I have my foot on the gas theres a high pitched tinging or pinging sound. Sorta like a rattle coming from infront of the passengers foot. This only happens when accelerating. The instant I take my foot off the gas it stops. As long as the foot is pressing down the throttle it makes the rattling noise. Anyone else experience it? It doenst matter if you mash the pedal to the floor or if you press it down gingerly.

Mine has always had a whistle like whine when gently accelerating or holding speed about 40 mph. Easily heard with the window down. Service mgr says he doesn't know what it is. Sounds like air leaking as you ease into the gas.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now i have heard the air sucking noise. SOme times when I mash the pedal its like a whoosing sound or sucking sound. That one doesnt bother me but its coming from infront of the passenger down around the foot area under the glove box. Its just a constant clicking or tinkering noise but only with a steady throttle input. Whats with the TSB? Anymore info on that? I dont understand the grounding of the engine. Do you mean like positive//negative for the battery? Similar principals?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
Mine Whistles

mess said:
Mine has always had a whistle like whine when gently accelerating or holding speed about 40 mph. Easily heard with the window down. Service mgr says he doesn't know what it is. Sounds like air leaking as you ease into the gas.

Anyone ever get to the bottom of this. Gives off a whistle with a slight acceleration.. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
215 Posts
It's Normal

Scooter, you might want to do a search either here or over at titantalk. This has been discussed a lot. The ground wire TSB might fix this, but I think there are two very different sounds. The one you are describing is most probably related to the "drive by wire" system we have in which there is no direct connect between the accelerator pedal and the throttle on the intake. It's computer controlled and the throttle opens and closes by electric servos.

I have 16,000 miles on my Armada. It runs like a freight train and has made that sound since day one. I have never taken it back to the dealer for any reason, and, frankly, don't want them messing with my truck unless I have a real warranty problem. I say that you should simply recongnize how our drive by wire works, ignore it and enjoy your SUV.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
39 Posts
Try puting a higher octane gas in it, my Armada did the same thing and 87 oct gas fixed mine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
60 Posts
Still whistling.

Poorboy said:
Anyone ever get to the bottom of this. Gives off a whistle with a slight acceleration.. :confused:

As far as I know....No. Mine still does it (whistling while accelerating) and the service manager has no clue. Interesting because he owns an early built Titan. I'm guessing it has something to do with the smooth transmission. It only happens when there is need for just a little tranny slip. Definitely an outside noise...not inside the cabin at all. Also, does anyone know if the grounding TSb will fix the radio whine I sometimes get in AM??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
Hmm, well this whistle is quite annoying. It happens right at the point of holding a steady speed and goes away with acceleration or de-acceleration.

Goin on a whistle hunt......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
Ya, I thought about that. That would be sweet eh. Dadburn whistle goes away with a hard acceleration, but comes back when holding a steady speed.. Strange. :clueless:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37 Posts
Ticking sound

I have the ticking sound that just started at 14000K.m's It is not the knocking sound others have mentioned. I had that as well and the dealer fixed it at 12000Km's. I told the dealer about the grounding wire fix but he thinks I'm on bad drugs. I may try it anyway this weekend before it goes back to the dealer. Anyone else try the grounding wire fix?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top