Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
10A fuse blown in F4 location under the hood, real pain to remove 2nd from bottom driver’s side by firewall. You need to remove a few connectors to be be able to access the fuse. Best bet is to use 45 degree pliers. This resolve my issue of no power on green wire for trailer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to splice the wires to the 4 prong wiring and then I had to change the fuses because they were old that did the trick if you have a uhaul 7 prong it's the purple wire for tail lights brake lights get wired separately in junction box as well as turn signal if your using a 4 prong it's either disconnected or the relay/fuse is blown it's wired to harness separately

To replace the fuse pull the battery out take off rear cover under window push white side clips to fuses wiggle it loose pull out 20amp fuse first than as you pull out fuse box twist it 40 degrees to the right if your facing front of truck and it'll slide out then just free harness from box unplug cords replace fuses plug fuse box back into harness install battery

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need help. 2019 Nissan Armada with factory tow package. All trailer lights work except for trailer running lights. Nissan is still under 36K 3Year warranty. Nissan states they will not honor warranty due to hooking up to a defective trailer. Nissan mechanics are stating repair cost of $500, stating several fuzes and relays require replacement. Sounds high, next steps?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'm very leery of dealers...It's very possible they're right and the trailer lights have a short or something, but how do they know? I think the trailer is just an easy out for them to get out of really diagnosing or repairing the problem under warranty. And at I can't imaging it's more than a single fuse.
Replace said fuses and relays yourself if you can and find out how good your Nissan dealer really is.

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
try a different dealer. the cost is likely labor mostly.

the pinouts are on the hitch cover. if you are handy with a multimeter, you can test the hitch yourself to see where the issue occurs.

you did not state if the hitch was always faulty or if it occured after you connected something to it.

did you buy it new or used? how do nissan know you connected a trailer to the armada in the first place? did you tell them, or did they assume you did?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.. thanks for the replies. Really appreciate your advice. I just purchased the 2019 Nissan as used. Did inform them of the trailer hookup since this is how I realized the light issue. Have an experienced electrical friend which offered to diagnose. Thank you all again.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts