Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!
Yesterday, I became to be an excited owner of Armada 2012 4WD.

Please correct me if I understood correctly so far:
1) Armada is NOTsimilar to Titan in terms of suspension. Especially the rear one.
2) Armada IS similar to Infinity QX56. Can I look for the parts/lifting kits for QX56?
3) Armada 2012 is called Patrol in Australia and this is Y61 body?

4) I've been desperately looking for a suspension lift kit for the last two days. Need about 2-3 inches for the light to moderate off-roading?
Looking for a mid to good quality. The budget is $750-1250USD
No spacers

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
Black 2005 Armada SE + most options
10 Posts
Front suspension/engine/transmission is all basically identical to the Titan, with the possible exception of your 4x4 system. There are different gear ratios for some Armadas, but generally speaking, the front is virtually identical. This is an important consideration to keep in mind when doing a lift kit, making sure your front end all matches, and that your drive shafts are all still the correct length (unless you like the toe-in look, and enjoy replacing tires a lot/being unsafe). You can find out what your gear ratio is by looking at your VIN sticker. It has two numbers in there which tell you what ratio your has.

The rear suspension is entirely Armada specific. The Armada uses a coil spring or air suspension system, the Titan uses a leaf spring system. The older Pathfinders shared the rear suspension with the Armada, but the newer ones are an entirely different vehicle.

The QX56 is virtually identical across the board, just different stylings, and some different options.

I am not 100% on the last portion of the question. I believe you are correct.

THAT BEING SAID

I am still fairly new to Armadas, I mostly know what I know from being (until recently) a long time Xterra owner, and looking at a lot of the compatibility between Xterra/Frontier parts and Titan/Armada/QX56 parts, so if someone else knows better, feel free to correct! I won't even be offended.

Bilstein is often a good company to look at for lift parts. I have never personally lifted a vehicle, but I was looking at doing what is called a VK swap and a Titan swap on an Xterra, and much of the process is the same.

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
1) Front is almost 100% the same as Titan, rear is nearly 0% the same.

2) 1st Gen QX56 is almost mechanically identical to 1st Gen Armada. Differences are the cosmetic features.

3) 1st Gen Armada are NOT based on any version of the Patrol. They shared production lines with 1st Gen Titan and 1st Gen QX56.

4) You can look here:

One thing is certain, if you lift the rear you'll need to delete the air suspension.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front suspension/engine/transmission is all basically identical to the Titan, with the possible exception of your 4x4 system. There are different gear ratios for some Armadas, but generally speaking, the front is virtually identical. This is an important consideration to keep in mind when doing a lift kit, making sure your front end all matches, and that your drive shafts are all still the correct length (unless you like the toe-in look, and enjoy replacing tires a lot/being unsafe). You can find out what your gear ratio is by looking at your VIN sticker. It has two numbers in there which tell you what ratio your has.

The rear suspension is entirely Armada specific. The Armada uses a coil spring or air suspension system, the Titan uses a leaf spring system. The older Pathfinders shared the rear suspension with the Armada, but the newer ones are an entirely different vehicle.

The QX56 is virtually identical across the board, just different stylings, and some different options.

I am not 100% on the last portion of the question. I believe you are correct.

THAT BEING SAID

I am still fairly new to Armadas, I mostly know what I know from being (until recently) a long time Xterra owner, and looking at a lot of the compatibility between Xterra/Frontier parts and Titan/Armada/QX56 parts, so if someone else knows better, feel free to correct! I won't even be offended.

Bilstein is often a good company to look at for lift parts. I have never personally lifted a vehicle, but I was looking at doing what is called a VK swap and a Titan swap on an Xterra, and much of the process is the same.
Thank you soo much for the detailed answer!

Thank you for your replay

1) Front is almost 100% the same as Titan, rear is nearly 0% the same.
Does it say anything about interchangeable bumpers or is it just related to suspension?
I can't find a steel bumper for my Amada, but did see a couple for QX56

One thing is certain, if you lift the rear you'll need to delete the air suspension.
I have adjustable airbags for tawing. Any Armada 2012 will have air suspension? Or only some limited years?
Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts