Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all long time lurker first time poster! 2010 QX56 Had cats/exhauast manifolds replaced a year ago quited down a bunch! But still there's a bit of too much of exhaust sound. I am thinking it maybe the 2nd cats in the system as there is a vibration under my feet under excellaration and its the loudest in the drivers seat. One dealer told me the secondary cats can get louder once they get old (156,000miles on mine) but never throw a code and he thinks maybe that's it. Lastly it is all quiet until I put it in gear then it gets louder. If I go up a hill there's a slight annoying drone. Any ideas besides what I said? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Just curious...factory or aftermarket intake? Lots of drone can come from intake side as well.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
The aftermarket pieces doesn’t have the
OE heat shields. Take a look at those manifolds and see if the OE heat shields have been installed on those aftermarket manifolds. Check to see if they rattle, make noise, etc. when using your hands.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The aftermarket pieces doesn’t have the
OE heat shields. Take a look at those manifolds and see if the OE heat shields have been installed on those aftermarket manifolds. Check to see if they rattle, make noise, etc. when using your hands.
thanks for reply. Yes I looked down there and The OE shields are there. It was too hot to touch them still but I will tomorrow .Just FYI I also had them use New OE gaskets from Nissan when the manifolds were installed.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Since you did mention the vibration is more pronounced at higher rpms, it’s more of a possibility the shop/tech who installed the manifolds didn’t bolt down the nuts (@ engine block & b-pipe) sufficiently or may have loosened up after a couple hundred miles.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 7 of 7 Posts