Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows who makes the HU that has the 6 cd changer in it. I don't believe it is Bose since I have no Sub. I think It is Rockford Fosgate but I am not sure. Also does anyone know if there is an amp on this HU.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Bose doesn't actually make any Head Units... the OEM Bose package is a speaker upgrade only... the head unit is the same as the standard system.

If you look at the manufacturer label on the HU... it has "Panasonic" written on it. I think all the HU's are exactly the same in the non-Nav versions... they just change the speaker systems (Bose / Rockford Fos).

I am posting a pic from a Rockford Fosgate system... still says Panasonic (made in Mexico)

I think there are some other threads on here about that too... do a search for "panasonic" and see what comes up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
KC Armada said:
I was wondering if anyone knows who makes the HU that has the 6 cd changer in it.
Don't know who makes it, but the tuner in this thing sucks a$$! :machinegu

I get more static on this radio than any other I've had. But then, I guess I've been spoiled by having an Alpine HU for the last 12 years. Had the stereo shop try an FM Booster, but that boosted the static as much as the signal, so it came back out.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Static

Thats strange. i get great reception that is why i am in no rush to switch it out. I have not been able to find a dash kit that willl work for the 06' yet. i want one that is double din and has the opening for the climate control lcd disply.

Are you sure that the power antena lead is conected. i saw on another thread hear that the antena in the rear side windows has a power conection and that needs to be checked if you have bad reception.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.