Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you buy the OEM Rearview camera if it will put those pretty sweet lines when your looking at it thru an aftermarket display? or is there some sort of brain in there someplace that add's those lines?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I haven't seen it in action, do the lines move or are they just a sight? My guess is it's an overlay on the navigation display.

I haven't been able to find a parts list with the 05's on it yet. I was looking at getting the OEM as well but figured it was going to be about $500 or more based on every other part cost I've looked up. I mounted my camera where the factory goes and it looks like it belongs. I need to get a couple photos done.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Where does the OEM rear view camera go? I'm considering adding one on and I can't figure out a good place for it. I've seen license plate ones.
Anyone know if there are pictures on the web somewhere?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
andy said:
Where does the OEM rear view camera go? I'm considering adding one on and I can't figure out a good place for it. I've seen license plate ones.
Anyone know if there are pictures on the web somewhere?
License plate ones won't work, at least the one I bought didn't. Ther are made for mounting when there is something above the plate. I ended up cutting it out of the plate and mounting it in the blank on the rear hatch handle opposite of the rear window glass handle.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
llajumpvid said:
License plate ones won't work, at least the one I bought didn't. Ther are made for mounting when there is something above the plate. I ended up cutting it out of the plate and mounting it in the blank on the rear hatch handle opposite of the rear window glass handle.
Did you have to run the wiring up through the headliner? Sounds painful. I assume 2 power wires and a video cable? Does the blank come off? or did you drill a hole in it while on hatch?

Sounds like a pretty clean place to mount the camera.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
There are 3 wires. I had some wire loom that I put them in. I took the rear hatch panel off and ran the wires around the glass and up out the rubber gromet at the top left side of the gate.

I took the rear passenger door gasket off the top of the door, and ran a snake from the back and first time it popped out at the passenger door.....I should of put wires on it then but I pulled it back out and put the wires on it so I could feed it the right way, and it took 2 hours to get the thing through again :mad:.

To mount the camera I used a hole saw and cut a hole slightly smaller that the camera and then used a file to get it to fit. The blank is just plastic.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
rear view camera pics

Anyone posted pics of stock location of the cam. My dealer does not have this option on any of there armadas

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
manny0 said:
Anyone posted pics of stock location of the cam. My dealer does not have this option on any of there armadas
Here you go. I'll post some photo's of how my aftermarket looks tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Here is my aftermarket. At closer inspection you can tell it was "carved" out of the liscense plate frame it came in...but hey if you're that close "back off!" :D For reference the garage door photo was taken parked about 4 to 5 feet away so you can see it has a pretty wide view angle. The photo looking down the driveway was an after dark photo to show how well it does at night. Oh and the camera is out of a crimestoppers liscense plate frame camera. I forget the number but don't get it anyway as I'm sure you can find a compareable one that doesn't require carving. If I had one with adjuster rings I would of probably tipped it down some so if I ever tow I'd have a better view of the hitch. The way it is I can only see down to about 6" above the receiver.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
It is very helpful. Its great in conjunction with the rear sensors. When they go off you can look to see what it is. Otherwise its better to use the mirrors, if I try to use it to back up it's kind of disorenting.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Can you post how to hook up to camera to the nav system?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I own an 04 Armada LE with Nav system. Does anyone have info on how to wire up a camera to the system? Does it come on automatically when you put the Armada in reverse? Where can I purchse the camera?

Thank in advance for any info you might have.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
dmarmada04le said:
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I own an 04 Armada LE with Nav system. Does anyone have info on how to wire up a camera to the system? Does it come on automatically when you put the Armada in reverse? Where can I purchse the camera?

Thank in advance for any info you might have.
The way I have mine is going through the avelectronic.com box. Don't know if there is a way to get it to work using something out of the 05' model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts