Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any problems with the 285/70-17 bfg rugged tires on the se-offroad. I have two slow leakes in the front tires and I blew a rear one on my trip down from alaska?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I don't have the off-road wheels, but I am having a problem with leaks. One has a small hole, but the other 3 have been tested twice and Nissan can't find a leak. Somehow they lose up to 5 psi a week, and my pressure warning light stays on 6 out of 7 days a week. I mentioned the TSB about the sensors causing leaks, but they insisted that I don't have a leak. Needless to say, I got a portable air compressor for Christmas ;-)

If you have any luck with the two that are leaking, please do share. It is a pain in the @$$ messing with these tires every other day!!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
off road tire leaks

I read a bulletin today about the slow leaks. It can also affect the street tire versions. The problem is a leaky seal around the low tire pressure warning transmitter. The tire has to be broken down and a new seal installed. There is a dealer bulletin out on this problem.

Mick

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
It must be the pressure sensors; I don't have 'em, and my OFF ROAD holds air like a champ. Probably one of the few things it does really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
slick1
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing