Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought an 06 SE about a month ago and just noticed that when I accelerate the oil pressure goes almost to the H and then returns to the middle once I maintain a certain speed. I am not very knowledgeable about trucks so not sure if this is normal or not. I just noticed it yesterday and it is starting to concern me. Any feedback would be helpful. Love the site by the way.

Ray

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
rayd78 said:
Hey everyone, I just bought an 06 SE about a month ago and just noticed that when I accelerate the oil pressure goes almost to the H and then returns to the middle once I maintain a certain speed. I am not very knowledgeable about trucks so not sure if this is normal or not. I just noticed it yesterday and it is starting to concern me. Any feedback would be helpful. Love the site by the way.

Ray
The pressure should get close to the H when the engine is cold during acceleration. Once you reach normal operating temp the pressure should stay near the middle increment just to the right of it. If it is something you just noticed and the gauge is acting different than normal have it looked at immediately. Oil pressure is nothing you want to play with.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SE Off Road1 said:
The pressure should get close to the H when the engine is cold during acceleration. Once you reach normal operating temp the pressure should stay near the middle increment just to the right of it. If it is something you just noticed and the gauge is acting different than normal have it looked at immediately. Oil pressure is nothing you want to play with.

Thanks for your response. That makes sense. When I noticed it I was on my way to work and it was about 50 degrees and only drive about 1 mile to work so it probably was just cold. I will take a longer drive this afternoon and take it in if it keeps happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.