Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that Nissan is voiding warranty work for having an Oiled air filter. If so, people better be taken' those Volants, or AEM, or Nismo CAI's off before they go in. They all run Oiled filters right???

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
01SCSS said:
Is it true that Nissan is voiding warranty work for having an Oiled air filter.
No it isn't.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Nissan is aware of aftermarket oil filters though. If the Mass Air Sensor just behind the air filter throws a code for being bad, they will definately look at an aftermarket filter being the cause of it. Sometimes, the oil gunks up the Mass Air Sensor and causes it to mis-read. If you get a check engine light for that, take the sensor out real quick and clean it with electrical contact cleaner before you take it to the dealer. That way, there wont be any evidence of oil on the sensor.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Good point about the electrical cleaner!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Makes sense. Remember, to void a warranty, the maker must PROVE the aftermarket part was the cause of the problem.. ;)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The k&n mounted on my procharger is at the end of a 12 inch long inlet tube before the blower, and when the filter was new there was a residue on the vanes. Cleaned it twice now it's gone for good. I know the charger is sucking alot harder than stock intake vacum but still. Cleaning the Maf is good just be careful some wires in there are real fragile. Prolly don't wanna over oil the filters either.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Nissan would have a hard time voiding the warranty for using a oiled filter since dealers sell the NISMO CAI which has an oiled element!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats good to know.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I have to agree with Triple (a first)

92TripleBlack said:
Makes sense. Remember, to void a warranty, the maker must PROVE the aftermarket part was the cause of the problem.. ;)
There is a well documented class action lawsuit about this very thing. Guess what the company lost!!! Can't remember the precedent but it should be easy to find on the net.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Volant Intake With Aem Dry Flo Filter

01SCSS said:
Is it true that Nissan is voiding warranty work for having an Oiled air filter. If so, people better be taken' those Volants, or AEM, or Nismo CAI's off before they go in. They all run Oiled filters right???
Try getting the new dry flow filter from AEM I installed one in my volant the other day.It is a tight fit because of the extra1" in length but if you work with it, it will fit.AUTO -ANYTHING sells them for about 46.00 shipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts