Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 QX56 with 189k miles. Started having an issue with power loss today. The fuel gauge read 1/2 tank, the truck felt like it was running out of fuel. We stopped at the nearest gas station and put 12 gallons in to fill it. That solved the issue for now. Todays temp in SC was 85. I'm thinking fuel pump. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
get obd port scanned for any codes. always the first step

battery - cables - ground straps
dirty MAF
bad petrol
o2/cats
petro pump

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I have an 04 QX56 with 189k miles. Started having an issue with power loss today. The fuel gauge read 1/2 tank, the truck felt like it was running out of fuel. We stopped at the nearest gas station and put 12 gallons in to fill it. That solved the issue for now. Todays temp in SC was 85. I'm thinking fuel pump. Any suggestions?
I had the same issue with my ‘04 Armada when the temp would get above 100°. I did change the fuel pump as it was losing fuel pressure in the high temps. There is an access panel under the second row seats on the drivers side. Just have to cut the carpet. Any check engine light codes? Misfires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same issue with my ‘04 Armada when the temp would get above 100°. I did change the fuel pump as it was losing fuel pressure in the high temps. There is an access panel under the second row seats on the drivers side. Just have to cut the carpet. Any check engine light codes? Misfires?

Did the fuel pump replacement work? The service engine light is on. We have not had a chance to run a diagnostic
computer check, today is Sunday and this just started yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
if you dont personally have a scanner you can try and stop at a local auto shop like autozone and see if they would give you a free scan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a mechanic lined up to diagnose the problem with the scanner. I do all of the repairs myself with his help.
Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
get obd port scanned for any codes. always the first step

battery - cables - ground straps
dirty MAF
bad petrol
o2/cats
petro pump
Don’t use 87 octane if bank 1 or 2 is bad you may want to get them done. And I always use 93 octane since I brought my truck new 2005 an she responds every time I put my foot in her.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Did the fuel pump replacement work? The service engine light is on. We have not had a chance to run a diagnostic
computer check, today is Sunday and this just started yesterday.
Yes changed the fuel pump and I have not had the issues since.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 8 of 8 Posts