Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been doing a ton of research and have settled on the Armada to tow our future travel trailer, which will be about 29 feet and 7000-7500 pounds fully loaded. (I’d get WDH, sway control, etc)
I had always assumed I’d get ‘17 or newer because of the newer body, sharp looks, etc. But I am realizing there are plenty of people towing with older Armadas, and I could save quite a bit of money. Here’s how I see it-
17+: Sharper look, not as boxy, a little shorter wheelbase and maybe easier for my wife to drive. SL level is what I’d look for. Newer technology.
15-: save a lot of money, I’d upgrade to platinum edition. Slightly longer wheelbase for better towing(?) and possibly a little more towing capability. But more mileage and bigger frame. Also older technology.
16: transition year? Not sure. Similar to 15?

So what are your observations on the comparisons. What outweighs what in your opinion? Thanks!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a used 2011 Platinum. 76000 miles. After only having it a few weeks, the rear AC started (or maybe already was) leaking and the compressor went out. $800 to have someone do it for me. The steering wheel clockspring is going out, and I have the dreaded woodpecker under the dash of the blend door actuator. If you can afford it, maybe the 2nd Gen worked out all those problems the 1 Gen has.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well they have those all worked out but the engines self destruct between 10k-50k miles. The new 5.6 engines made from 2016-2019 have a serious problem resulting in new or rebuilt engines as in most of not all of them. Research 5.6 engine knock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts