Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a 2006 I bought in new 2005 that now has 133,000 miles on it. Just had to replace the radiator, but that's the only major part so far. I'm hoping I'll get another 100,000+ miles, but that's maybe just wishful thinking... just wondering what everyone else's experience has been.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
The manifolds on these cars crack. It's only a matter of time. Have you never had to replace them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Jessev80

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Welcome to clubarmada! :D I have approx 90k miles on mine. Some members have 200,000 miles if I remember correctly. Good luck and yes, you can put on another 100k miles easy on your vehicle.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
2,187 Posts
150,000 miles. Two sets of manifolds, transmission, AC compressor, tensioner, alternator

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
This is something similar I had in mind. I wanted to startt a thread like this. But mine a little different. I am also interested in taking my Armada to over 200,000 miles. It shouldn't be wishful thinking as i hope with regular maintenance these trucks should last atleast 200,000 miles.

I went on autotrader.com and looked at Toyota Land cruisers from 2001 to 2010. I see a lot of them have 200,000 to 270,000 miles. And people are selling them at such high costs. So, i was thinking, I hope the armada can conveniently last this long with good maintenance.

Mine is 2010 with 70,600 currently on odometer. No problem yet, but the airbag warning light flashing. which I got the solution here on the site to fix it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
About to hit 80k. Changed Fuel Sender Unit covered under warranty and also the darned 3rd brake light thus far. I'm very pleased with the Armada reliability and strength. Next on my list is to upgrade to an all Aluminum Radiator, change the radiator hoses and put some new Antifreeze/Distilled Water mix when the swap is done. Also need to change the spark plugs soon too with the help of Bloodiedoc! Thanks Chris! :urock:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
04 LE with 140k, original owner. Replaced the auto level air compressor and front drivers wheel bearing. That's it other than typical maint stuff - oil, diff and tranny fluids, plugs, shocks, tires and blinker fluid.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dxb :)
I forgot, I also had to replace my heater core a while ago, just after the warranty ran out :p I haven't had to replace any manifolds yet, but I looked into it since you guys mentioned it and it looks like its expensive! Hope I can avoid that for a while. Looks like some Titan owners decided to put in headers instead? Is that a good idea for Armadas too? Is that more expensive?

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Thanks Dxb :)
I forgot, I also had to replace my heater core a while ago, just after the warranty ran out :p I haven't had to replace any manifolds yet, but I looked into it since you guys mentioned it and it looks like its expensive! Hope I can avoid that for a while. Looks like some Titan owners decided to put in headers instead? Is that a good idea for Armadas too? Is that more expensive?
Yeah, replacing an existing cracked manifold with an OEM equivalent is expensive and should be done only if you are out of options. The by far popular choice for replacing these cracked manifolds are:
1) JBA LT Headers
2) Cajun B-pipes
3) Gibson SS Catback Exhaust
4) UpRev tune

The tune is necessary so that you can avoid damage to the engine after the exhaust upgrade. From what I recall, they still cost you only less than one manifold. Mind you, our vehicles have two. One for the passenger and the other for the driver. I can do a quick math for you. JBA LT- 350ish. Cajun B-pipes - 300ish. Gibson - 300ish. UpRev - 500. So in total you are paying close to $1500 for a full exhaust upgrade and a lifetime maintenance free unit. Worth it if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! That does sound like a much better deal. Sorry if its a dumb question, but how do you know when your manifolds go bad?

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Thanks! That does sound like a much better deal. Sorry if its a dumb question, but how do you know when your manifolds go bad?
Tick tick tick sound under the hood after cold start ups which disappears once the engine is warmed up (because metal expands and the cracks close)

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Hit up nightowl on PM for more details on the Cajun B-pipes for pricing and Seymore4 for questions on UpRev tuning. They are currently active on a thread with roadie. You can't miss it. I think I saw activity on that thread last night.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
'04 Armada with 141,000 miles. Original owner. Had to replace the Front diff, front diff seal, Drivers side window motor. The Rear airbags deflate can't find source of leak, replaced the air lines, Lots and lots of rattles but i am the process of eliminating them.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
2013 with 4k mikes..window went up slow and popped when it closex...had to replace passenger side window track under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
My 06 has 175,000 miles, only thing I HAD to replace was brakes, never had cracked manifolds, everything I replaced (check my sig to see some of the upgrades) was to make a good SUV into a GREAT UAB!!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Battery at 50k
Upgrade front shocks
Brakes at 55k upgraded, and 91k
o2 sensor at 92k
Washer fluid reservoir lid.
Manifolds covered under warranty 70k.
Other than that fluids, spark plugs, tires, and gas.
Radiator 96k

I drive it hard, and run a premium tune and 2* timing advance all the time. The o2 sensor has been an issue for a while, but not constant. Occasional p0174 error, and rich smelling exhaust. Picked up 60 miles per tank by changing out the bad one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
08 le

08 LE 90k we have had to replace Both manifolds at 78K covered under recall, front struts, front rotors and pads, fog lamp, and oil changes nothing else I have been really pleased sometimes the forum scares me but I have not noticed anything really bad! We checked our self leveling because of sag but they say it may have a pin hole leak and the motor is noisy but doesn't need to be replaced we tow a trailer that is why we had it checked but it does a great job-We need to keep it at least another 6-7 yrs also Good luck we are in it with you also!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
05 LE with about 97K on it. replaced manifolds, IPDM, sway bar bushings, motor mounts, power steering rack assembly, Power steering hose, Condenser Fan and wiring, Starter assembly, and need backup camera replacement since it is dead 90% of the time. I just have a hard time paying to fix it as it is REALLY expensive.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
My baby is 227,000 and running strong. I've replaced the tie rods on the front and the brake rotors and pads on all sides and of course struts as well. I've done regular maintenance work on it and no major problems to report.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I have a 2006 SE with 82,000 miles. Bought it used with 55,000. Not sure what was done before I got it, but outside of regular wear items like brakes, tires, etc. I've only had to get a pinion seal replaced and put new shocks on it. And a few other minor items like fixing a cracked bumper, and a broken rear window hinge (major pain to fix!).

I did have the ABS/Brake issue and had the computer reflashed about three months ago. So far no problems (fingers crossed).

I do have a rattling heat shield that I've been meaning to fix.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts