Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for hood mount bug shields and like the looks of the Lund...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LUND...ewItemQQcategoryZ38659QQitemZ8033499139QQrdZ1

I am wondering if anyone has this one installed and can tell me how it mounts. I don't want anything touching the exterior paint, and I don't care to do any drilling underneath the hood. If you've got pics of the mounting or even a good description that would be great!

If anyone has other brands they prefer, I'm all ears and I would love to know what others have paid for these as well.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
jcvader99 said:
I'm looking for hood mount bug shields and like the looks of the Lund...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LUND...ewItemQQcategoryZ38659QQitemZ8033499139QQrdZ1

I am wondering if anyone has this one installed and can tell me how it mounts. I don't want anything touching the exterior paint, and I don't care to do any drilling underneath the hood. If you've got pics of the mounting or even a good description that would be great!

If anyone has other brands they prefer, I'm all ears and I would love to know what others have paid for these as well.
From what I've read, the stock Nissan one is the best for a black shield. The Lund is the choice for stainless steel, but takes more fitting, etc. to get it on correctly. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
The stock Nissan shield does touch the hood. Nissan provides 3m pads to protect the paint, but I would guess that over time, marks would show.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I got some AVS from the same peoples off Ebay. The AVS is good, does not touch the hood from the outside, it's attache using double side tape and 4 screws all from the inside of the hood. One thing about exotic-truck was it took close to two months before I got my products.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Stock Nissan one is great

I have the Nissan one and it has performed flawlessly and looks great.

No complaints...

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Campfamily said:
The stock Nissan shield does touch the hood. Nissan provides 3m pads to protect the paint, but I would guess that over time, marks would show.
I didn't mean this to say that it had marked the paint, only that it probably will eventually. I was very happy with the Nissan shield on my 04. Haven't put it on my 06 yet.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I think i'll be buying me one too on my mada cuz yesterday while i was using my cali duster i saw a scratch on the edge of my hood.. that just made my freaking day! :mad: so i'll be getting one soon.. maybe tomorrow.. :D so the oem is a good one from what i hear from you guys.. thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
brysig228 said:
I think i'll be buying me one too on my mada cuz yesterday while i was using my cali duster i saw a scratch on the edge of my hood.. that just made my freaking day! :mad: so i'll be getting one soon.. maybe tomorrow.. :D so the oem is a good one from what i hear from you guys.. thanks.
No complains here! :cool:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the feedback on this... looks like the OEM one is the favorite so far.

I am still very interested though, in the AVS one that baseballfanz mentioned... I like the no-touch, and I like the look of it in his sig.

What price did you pay for that FANZ?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I want a bug shield cause we take long trips a lot, but I want one that matches the paint job of the Mada. I guess I can buy one and take it somewhere to have it painted. I think that would look real cool and it would blend in real well, it would not look like a bug shield so much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.