Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Long time lurker about to pull the trigger on an 04 SE w/leather, sunroof, DVD, no big tow. Out the door, is 31,791 not including warrenty. Do you all beleive this is a good price? I am in SO. Cal (don't know if it matters). I have not looked into an 05, so I am unaware of what a similar vehicle would cost. Also, I felt the "brake judder".

Additionally, what would be a good deal on extended warrenties? I called Nissan dealer they quoted 1850-2150, no deductable, however, credit union offers this also, and its less expensive. I was notified that their is much more involved with the credit union warrenties, sometimes car sits waiting on approval.

Any thoughts welcome.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I assume this is for a new Armada? If so, you're pretty lucky to still find an 04 around. They've been gone from the lots around here for months.. 31K out the door sounds pretty good. Do you know if there are still any rebates on the 04s? If so, make sure they include that in there. How many miles is on it? Just curious since your feeling the judder already..

As for warranties, I usually go with the credit union one, unless the dealer can match it. If you have questions about how the warranty will work, ask your credit union rep and they can explain it further. Good luck and welcome to the Club in case you do pull the trigger on that Armada!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome. I forgot to add, it is used, 6K miles, 1 owner, sold in oct. of 04.
I am trying to get it to 31K even, dealer wont budge! I will keep trying.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Sounds high to me, as I paid about that for my brand new SE with big tow. There are high margins in used vehicles- I would really try to get that price down.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I purchased a used 04 LE about a month ago from CARMAX. It's fully loaded with NAV, DVD, tow etc. and I paid $31,995. It didn't have brake judder but it's starting to raise it's ugly head.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, great price! I checked carmax, found one, but no NAV, DVD, Sunroof. Only had tow package. I think I am gonna pull the trigger on this guy. I am getting antsy.
Any others want to chime in on this?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I was about to say that I don't think an extended warranty is worth it, but with an '04 being the first model year out it might make sense in the big scheme of things if you keep cars along time.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I would defiantly get the extended warranty on this vehicle

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I purchased it yesterday. It's a beauty. :D
I guess I can go to the welcome side and introduce myself.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Congrats! Now that you got it, what's the first thing you're gonna add to it? :itsfriday

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, I dont know???? What are some of the first things to get done on the Mada? I am looking to get some rims, maybe an amp, sub, and upgraded speakers. I would also like to add two headrest monitors. Other than that, I don't know what else to get.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Well, that'll keep you busy for a while.. :) Meantime, check out the interior and exterior mod forums on the home page of Club Armada for some ideas on what some other folks have done.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Gonna do it!

Hi all. I'm new to the site and hours away from signing on the dotted line for a 2005 LE! I'm excited...nervous.... but, ultimately this site is making me feel much better! Some great advice and information! My only question right now...is the extended warranty. Anyone regret now getting it ..or just the opposite!! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Generally I say do not buy these. But this being a first year build (mine is a '04). I bought one and look at it like insurance; mine also covers wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you buy it through the dealer, or elsewere? My credit union offers one, it is a bit less expensive than the dealers, but I am not sure how it works when I will need to use it. I need to research it a bit more, I would like for the work to be done seamless, not having to wait for the credit union to call back for approval, all that red tape ish.. Anyone had experience with the credit union warrenties?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I bought mine through the dealer. It does cost more. We owned a "00 Accord and bought the extra warranty after market. The car needed new motor mounts at 30,000 miles. We had to wait two days for the company to come out and confirm that the work was needed. If you get it through the dealer you don't have that waiting period.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
if im going to spend 30+ grands i might as well try to get at least base LE... cuz whats the diff on monthly payments? i mean SE base vs LE loaded?? 100-150 dollars? so i wud go for an LE dude :thumbup:

thats what im thinking right now.. to get an LE but with sunroof pkg only, cuz i dont need the tech or dvd. that can be donde later on.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
if im going to spend 30+ grands i might as well try to get at least base LE... cuz whats the diff on monthly payments? i mean SE base vs LE loaded?? 100-150 dollars? so i wud go for an LE dude :thumbup:

thats what im thinking right now.. to get an LE but with sunroof pkg only, cuz i dont need the tech or dvd. that can be donde later on.
I was looking at the QX56. After comparing the two, the only options I get in the QX was HID lights, Auto shut off for cruise control, upgraded leather, a clock, wood dash parts, more chrome, extra sound proofing, and a mushier suspension. I can add better headlights, think the cruise is dangerous, and the sound is quieter than my G35 inside already. Also, I like a firm handling suspension vs. a mushy caddy one. For the additional price($9k), I found the LE was a great way for me to go. This gives me money for pick one: another jet ski, two custom leather pit couches, supercharger wheels and tires for Armada, you get the idea. :teeth:

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Why would'nt you buy an exended warranty for your Mada? It seems to me that if you everhad to put a transmission inthis beast it would be worth it, besides we all no how expensive japanees parts are don't we? I think if your financing aan expensive vehicle that adding the extended warranty doesnt ad much to the monthly payment and that security is well priceless. Good luck with yur new Mada, and enjoy it! :excellent

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth...
I got my Mada 1 week ago, 05 SE w/leather and tow for $33,500. I did add some warranty from the dealer.
I got 3 year, 60k miles instead of the 30k from factory.
It was only $9/month more and I drive a lot of miles each year.
From what I understand though, the warranty on the brakes has been changed to 3 year unlimited mileage?? Is that right?

I almost think I should have got even more warranty, but these days, who keeps their car that long anyhow.lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts