Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one seen this thing ? They claim a 15-25hp increase . Sounds fishy to me though .

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Save your money. Like they say, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The only thing that will happen if you buy this is that the seller gets money from your pocket!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scr38 said:
Save your money. Like they say, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The only thing that will happen if you buy this is that the seller gets money from your pocket!
That what I was thinking ! Just wondering if anyone else saw it too. It doesn't even look like it will do jack. Probaly just an empty box !

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Its a 10 cent resistor that goes in series with the incoming air temp sensor. It causes the ECU to think that the incoming air is cooler than it is and enrichens the fuel air mixture. It could possible give you a couple of horsepower, but it will cause your mileage to go down. I don't think any of us want that!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scr38 said:
Its a 10 cent resistor that goes in series with the incoming air temp sensor. It causes the ECU to think that the incoming air is cooler than it is and enrichens the fuel air mixture. It could possible give you a couple of horsepower, but it will cause your mileage to go down. I don't think any of us want that!
This is a differant thing .Its not the simple resistor one. Its a little black box. Hell it might have the resistor in it .Check it out .http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7986020274&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92TripleBlack said:
98 cent resistor in an 197$ box. Its a scam. It eventually kills your oxygen sensors and makes your car run like crap.
There is real stuff out there. $800 for an ECU fix and a hypertech on the way. Give it a little time. ;)
LMAO !!! Thats exactly what I was thinking bud ! See how generic it looked ! I hope nobody wastes their money on it . I just had to bring it up to see if everyone thought the same about it as I did. Peace gang !

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Buy yourself several of those little scented pine trees you hang from the mirror. They will improve your performance as much as this thing and smell good while doing it! and a lot cheaper, too. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
You'll get better performance that that thing just by putting one more pound of pressure in each tire! Scam. No one has a verifiably improved "chip" out there yet. The only chip even on the market is Unichip. They are a legitimate company, but they will not respond to E-mails from us raising questions about their dyno runs. Be patient, the good stuff will come, but not yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts