Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
PISHICO said:
Hey Guys , i think i'll be cool to list our Mods Interior or exterior that are not ment to be , anyone?
Do you have an example?
I have accessories in mine that aren't standard, but I don't consider them mods. EX. Leatherman tool, fire extinguisher, tow strap, 1/2" breaker bar, extra clip with hollow points for Sig, Playstation 2, power converter, large mag light that isn't there for light. I haven't installed a coffee maker...yet. ;)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I jusr hooked up the TV in my nav not to long ago, here is the link to the pics http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2612, a lyra RD 2780 av, a sirius radio, my next project is a multimedia system with 300 GB for music and mpg4 movies with a nissan interface ,i ordered , ill have it next thursday or friday, i have the interface designed already might put a sample tonight when i get home

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
My interior mods have been based on the reality of living close to ground zero for Hurricane Katrina.

1. Glock pistol (40 S&W) with extra clip. (thankfully unused, but looting is still a problem).
2. Stihl 20 inch chain saw with extra chain, and oil.
3. Small gas can with 2 cycle gasoline.
4. Large first aid kit
5. Extra flashlights and batteries (large Maglites)
6. Sometimes, but not always a 20 foot extension ladder (collapses to 10 feet, and yes, if you fold down the right side second row and the right front seat, it will fit). It also will strap to the luggage carrier easily -- you can carry two up there.
7. Portable gasoline generator to operate power tools
8. Tool box.
9. Circular saw, 1/2 inch drill, reciprocating saw.
10. Roofing tarps, boxes of roofing nails.
11. Various crowbars and pry bars.
12. Five gallon can of water.
13. Nylon tow strap.

I've been doing a lot of volunteer work lately.

I've found the Armada as good as a pickup truck for this work, and it can be readily converted back to its civilian mission, which includes the IPod adapter that powers and recharges my IPod and plays it through the auxillary input on the sound system.

The Husky liners, especially the one for the cargo area, have proven handy and durable.

I know this is not probably what the original poster had in mind, but my world is a little bit different than it was before August 29.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Armada said:
My interior mods have been based on the reality of living close to ground zero for Hurricane Katrina.

1. Glock pistol (40 S&W) with extra clip. (thankfully unused, but looting is still a problem).
2. Stihl 20 inch chain saw with extra chain, and oil.
3. Small gas can with 2 cycle gasoline.
4. Large first aid kit
5. Extra flashlights and batteries (large Maglites)
6. Sometimes, but not always a 20 foot extension ladder (collapses to 10 feet, and yes, if you fold down the right side second row and the right front seat, it will fit). It also will strap to the luggage carrier easily -- you can carry two up there.
7. Portable gasoline generator to operate power tools
8. Tool box.
9. Circular saw, 1/2 inch drill, reciprocating saw.
10. Roofing tarps, boxes of roofing nails.
11. Various crowbars and pry bars.
12. Five gallon can of water.
13. Nylon tow strap.

I've been doing a lot of volunteer work lately.

I've found the Armada as good as a pickup truck for this work, and it can be readily converted back to its civilian mission, which includes the IPod adapter that powers and recharges my IPod and plays it through the auxillary input on the sound system.

The Husky liners, especially the one for the cargo area, have proven handy and durable.

I know this is not probably what the original poster had in mind, but my world is a little bit different than it was before August 29.
Where do you sit? ;)

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Actually, I can get all of that in the back and still have the left side and middle of the second row for passengers! You just have to do a little planning when you load up. Those reinforced plastic tarps don't take up as much room as you might think. The generator is a portable job site Coleman -- only 1700 watts continuous, 2300 max and is not very big.

Yeah, you can get all that stuff, including the ladder in there and still sit three people, even with the front passenger seat folded.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Armada said:
Actually, I can get all of that in the back and still have the left side and middle of the second row for passengers! You just have to do a little planning when you load up. Those reinforced plastic tarps don't take up as much room as you might think. The generator is a portable job site Coleman -- only 1700 watts continuous, 2300 max and is not very big.

Yeah, you can get all that stuff, including the ladder in there and still sit three people, even with the front passenger seat folded.
Take that Dodge Magnum!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
No Dodge Magnum is going to be able to go the places I have to go.

Over 10 inches of ground clearance and 4x4 is a big help. I have scraped the bottom of the running boards a couple times, but have not damaged them yet. I may temporarily remove them.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Looks a lot like the 5.4L 4x4 Expedition I drove for many happy years. It was replaced by my Armada, which is way superior, even though the Expedition had the offroad package also (skid plates, tow hooks, HD battery, lower gearing, limited slip, etc.). But it was a slug compared to the Armada.

But for my offroading fix, I go play in my CJ-5 Jeep. Too many mods to list here, but to put it in context, it rides on 36 inch SuperSwamper TSL's.
It's ugly to look at -- dented and rusting, but has all the right stuff where it matters. I don't care if it gets more dents or scratches. Those are just badges of honor. I've laid it on its side more than once and winched a lot of bigger trucks out of trouble over the years. I'll try to post a couple pix, but it ain't pretty. Just good in very bad places.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
We've gotten off topic. My apologies. Anyway, here are a couple photos of my offroader CJ-5 taken today.

In respect to the starter of this thread, let's eventually get back to real, permanent but unusual mods to our Armadas.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.