Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the outside air temperature sensor is located on the Armada. My temperature display is all over the map sometimes giving me 110 degrees when it's 50 degrees outside.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Ambient temperature display sensor

The ambient temperature display sensor is located in the front of the vehicle. If you remove the front grill you can see the sensor. If your parked for a really long time though the sensor will sense the temperature in the engine bay. Normally if that's the case your clutch fan is starting to go bad and not bring enough air through the radiator. This happens to my armada if I'm sitting in the same spot for a long time. But it can always be ur sensor, you didn't give me symptoms so just letting you know what it could be.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
^^^ x2 ^^^ it's the little silver wand in front of the lower radiator. I would start with the clutch fan AND radiatior fluid.. The OEM radiator is proned to crack and leak on the bottom passenger side.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the help. I found it (front drivers side next to condenser fan) and after unpluging the connecter it appears moisture got past the seal and corroded the prongs.

I have another on order as it's only a $12 part.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Ok thanks for the help. I found it (front drivers side next to condenser fan) and after unpluging the connecter it appears moisture got past the seal and corroded the prongs.

I have another on order as it's only a $12 part.
Did this fix the problem? I just bought an 06 LE. The outside temp gauge is just showing "---". No reading at all. Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where the outside air temperature sensor is located on the Armada. My temperature display is all over the map sometimes giving me 110 degrees when it's 50 degrees outside.
My problem is deeper than that because I can not for my life find out where to read outside temperature in my new Armada. Used to be on the back view mirror in my old QX56. Where the hell do I find this outside temp, in icy condition it is quite important to know it ?

Anybody with anything on this issue. Where can I see the outside temp in my Armada ?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Press the button on top with the folders/windows. Between the speedometer and tachometer, it’ll display the outside temp, distance traveled, etc.

Attachments

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 10 of 10 Posts