Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
27 Posts
Had it Done Saturday

Reading through the forums regarding DVD installations. I went ahead and had a professional installed an Eiger Vision 8'. But just how big of a monitor can you go? The complainer in the family is already throwing fits. Since I won't be a passenger and always be the driver or the navigator of this beauty, I'ld like to know your opinions. I also went ahead and installed a 5.6 Wide on the passenger visor. Right now I am definitely considering rewiring the DVD player (Soundstream VDVD-160 w/TV tuner) using llajumpvid's instruction so wish me luck. If the passenger in the back cannot see I plan on installing 2 -- 5.6 in the small headrest of the second row seat for the complainers. Has anyone done this? Please feel free to share. :cool:

· Premium Member
27 Posts
Pictures And More Questions

llajumpvid said:
Any pictures of your monitor install? In regards to some of your other questions. I've seen 7" monitors put in the headrest that looked bad in that they seemed to be larger than the headrest. But I've also seen some that looked very good. I think it may be how they are installed. The ones that looked good were flush with the headrest and the "bad" ones were sitting more proud. I'll see if I can dig up a link to the good looking monitor mount...I just reread your post and noticed you are talking about the second row headrest. I haven't seen that done yet. Usually the third row will be able to watch the overhead and then the two outboard seats watch the back of the front headrest.
Ok, this maybe a really newb question, but can you use an amplifier? (any) as an alternative to the PIE Inline Channel Line Driver? The wiring for the aftermarket DVD to the factory wire, according to Armadafication, you have to connect the 2 wires Audio On and the FES Enable to make the REAR AV work when you press it for a couple of seconds, this I need verification before I start pulling some wires. This is the only part Im confused :confused: Now the FES LH & RH inputs, I think those are for the speaker wires and do understand that I have to split the RCA output audio jacks.

As promised here's the monitor Pix. Its an Eiger Vision 8 inch and a 5.6 WideScreen Visor Monitor, with a Soundstream VDVD-160 Tv Tuner - FM Modulator (wireless - sounds ok, but can be better)

8 Inch Overhead

Overhead and SunVisor

Attachments

1 - 4 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.