Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Nissan Armada Platinum. While driving the "P shift" warning indication is beeping/flashing. It only happens when I am driving and I push the brake pedal down about half way or more. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
i dont recall seeing this issue before.

check for any DTC's at the obd port. could be an issue with the TCM.

so when you press on the brake , this lights up? do you hear anything or feel anything happening? does the car drive different? does this happen every time or random times?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

so when you press on the brake , this lights up? do you hear anything or feel anything happening? does the car drive different? does this happen every time or random times?

Whenever I push the brake in about 50% or more the warning sounds. I will try and pull the codes tonight. Only happens when the vehicle is in drive. The car does not drive any different. I drove it on the interstate 200 miles over the weekend and nothing happened till I was braking up the off ramp. It just starting happening last week and now happens every time I drive the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
What is a P shift?

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
there has to be something wrong electrically or else the indicator would not be flashing at you.

if you can post a video of whats going on that may help the internet get a better idea.

if you can reproduce this issue every time, there is indeed something afoot. :p

maybe is related to the brake delta stroke sensor that has affected some models. maybe call your local dealer and ask them if your VIN has any TSBs attached to it that are outstanding....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there has to be something wrong electrically or else the indicator would not be flashing at you.

if you can post a video of whats going on that may help the internet get a better idea.

if you can reproduce this issue every time, there is indeed something afoot. :p

maybe is related to the brake delta stroke sensor that has affected some models. maybe call your local dealer and ask them if your VIN has any TSBs attached to it that are outstanding....
I will try and get a video tonight. One thing I noticed while driving yesterday is that if I stop and push the brake all the way down the warning will shut off.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
yeah that's really odd bro. if the car is driving normally and no issues anywhere else with NO codes? thats a tough one...

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Closet info on those codes I could find is for a 2014 - the online links I use don't have the driveline pages for 2013.

I'd start with the p1819 and go from there. I'd check the wiring harness, fuses, power supply, grounds etc. I also wouldn't mess around with it too much before I brought it to a pro if it isn't a simple fuse wiring problem.

glitchy double post

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Is this not a valid place to check codes?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
OBD2 codes are universal but vehicle specific information is better.

For example if you read that link the ABS code dx procedure included checking the traction module for problems, which you also have codes for. (Or the other way around, I forgot already) To me that indicates that they may have the same cause, or somehow be interconnected.

You can also look for vehicle specific code setting criteria, which tells you what had to have happened to get the light / code to come on. Which points you in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
OP, if all this info becomes overwhelming, just pay the diag fee at the dealer and have them narrow things down. The last thing you want to do is make matters worse by poking around with harnesses and sensors. no disrespect, but just sayin'... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts