Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 2006 Armada 2WD LE. 261,000 miles, i am getting P1168 and P0335 and P0051. The P0335 is fairly new.
P0035 says crankshaft position sensor A circuit, and P0051 is heater control circuit bank 2 sensor 1.

The other day, it would not start, just some clicking, no crank. Had the battery checked, it was dead, wouldn't take a jump or charge. Replaced the battery.
Then a few days later, it would crank but not start sometimes, eventually it started. I was keeping it on a battery tender, thinking alternator. Had alternator and battery checked out, all passed fine. The trouble code for P0335 was not there yet i think.

Then just the other day, it just shut down while in a drive thru line, while paying! Would crank but no start. Finally after like 3 minutes of trying to start it started roughly. It died while driving about 4 more times as i carefully headed home about 15 minutes away.. just died, no power... scary!

I ordered a new crankshaft position sensor, installed, won't start, it will crank, roughly try to start and no start. Put old one back in,same.
I tested resistance on the 3 pins on the sensor and got 6.6 M ohm on the new sensor with the 2 outside pins, nothing on any other combination of other pins. On the old sensor, i got 3.32 M ohm on the 2 outside pins, nothing on rest.

Any ideas? I need my truck back!

I will then need to address the other codes, which have been there since i bought the truck used about 6 months ago.

Nobody? Damn, my truck is just sitting there unusable. Wiring all looks good too.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I had this issue and i replaced the crank sensor and it resolved my issue. You cleared the code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
From whats described as shutting down while driving makes me lean towards a failing IPDM. A notorious problem found on many 04-07 trucks.
Sometimes it could just be the ECM relay failing and an easy test is to swap relays with the fog light relay. But considering the age and mileage of the truck, the whole IPDM board is likely the culprit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any news? I had a similar issue whith the car shutting down. Crankshaft and camshaft sensors were replaced, now the car doesn’t shut down anymore but the engine light still there. It give me the code P0335 Did you fix the problem at the end?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried 2 aftermarket crank sensors from Amazon. No luck. I saw on someYouTube video they said you need the Nissan factory one. $$.
So I went to a local junkyard, found one, and put it in my truck... and all good since!

Moral of the story, OEM parts are needed somehow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts