Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm struggling to solve this issue I'm having with my 2010 armada. its throwing the p0850 park neutral circuit code. cranks in park or neutral but usually won't start right away. sometimes it cranks and starts the first try but usually only starts after a few trys. normally this code means the cars pcm is not registering that the car is in park/neutral. so I know its likely not that the sensor is broken. I have had the dealership look at it a few times, they weren't any help. had a couple of mechanics look at it still no answers. unfortunately I have yet to see a haynes repair book for this car or been able to find the part itself in the retail auto parts stores. (o'rielys autozone ect.) nor have I had any luck finding information on the net either. any help or advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
P0850 NISSAN Possible Causes

Misadjusted Park/Neutral Switch
Faulty Park/Neutral Switch
Park/Neutral Switch harness is open or shorted
Park/Neutral Switch circuit poor electrical connection

Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connectors' pins.

did you just buy the car? or have you had it since new? what is the mileage?
if you have had the car for a while, when did this start? can you reproduce this issue each time or is it random? does it happen when the car is cold or hot?
once it starts, does it drive normally?

any other codes pulled form the obd port?
have you checked other parts/sensors on the car? IPDM? delta sensor switch (brake). cam position sensor ?
BCM? ECM? TCM? any or all of these modules could be faulty or have a warned down wire or pin. if this car was purchased used then who knows what kind of work has been done on it. if you have had any parts replaced prior to this issue, re check your work and trace te pins/harnesses.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I'm struggling to solve this issue I'm having with my 2010 armada. its throwing the p0850 park neutral circuit code. cranks in park or neutral but usually won't start right away. sometimes it cranks and starts the first try but usually only starts after a few trys. normally this code means the cars pcm is not registering that the car is in park/neutral. so I know its likely not that the sensor is broken. I have had the dealership look at it a few times, they weren't any help. had a couple of mechanics look at it still no answers. unfortunately I have yet to see a haynes repair book for this car or been able to find the part itself in the retail auto parts stores. (o'rielys autozone ect.) nor have I had any luck finding information on the net either. any help or advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Your Park/Neutral switch could still be faulty (falling between states as you crank the engine). Anyway, Haynes Manuals have gone almost entirely ONLINE. I had a printed Haynes manual for my Armada and for the life of me don't where it is. They don't sell the printed ones anymore, but you can get the digital version at www.haynes.com. $29.95 I think is what it cost me for LIFE subscription.

The part that you may need is here 32005-7S11A Genuine Nissan Part. Need to add your Beast info to get the exact fit. I hope some of this info is helpful.

Here is what the Haynes Manual says about the switch.

Attachments

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same exact issue, same code P0850. I've been to the dealer and had three independent mechanics trying to figure it out. The dealer said it was the TCM going bad on the valve body. I really didn't believe them. After I replaced the replaced the cam sensor the crank sensor I hesitantly and finally went ahead with a new OEM transmission valve body and TCM and programed. The Park's neutral switch on this Nissan is on the valve body, so that's been replaced too.

I still have the same problem. Dealer was wrong! Same code, same problem, It will crank but not start. intermittently. When it's not starting and cranking there's fuel pressure but no pulse to the injectors.

Any luck anybody? I'm ready to bounce around to different dealers now. Sometimes it'll finally start after a minute or two of trying & sometimes I'm stuck for 30 minutes or more.

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
if that is the only code you are getting then it may be a continuity issue in a wiring harness. sounds like you have removed/replaced some parts so double check your work and make sure everything is properly secured, there are no frayed wires or ben pins. maybe something is intermittently losing continuity since you say is starts sometimes.

check battery cables, battery, ground straps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not an Armada it's a Titan but I wanted to share. Kept having the crank but no start issue, finally kicked the P0850. Sent to Nissan and it required the instrument cluster replaced to fix this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts