Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings beast OWNERS....I haven't been active these past two month. Because I was busy with relocating my family back to the US. Anyway, I turned in my 2013, SV, Armada to the shipping company with no codes or issues.

Received my Beast this past Monday with the CEL ON. Checked for code. This is what I have. P2101 "Throttle actuator 'A' control motor circuit range/performance". I tried resetting the ECU thinking maybe it was just a false code. Sine I've haven't seen the Beast in a month and a half ocean journey. Plus it might have lost power or something??? . No other faults. Has anyone gone thru this type of symptom. With the CEL on my Beast runs on LIMP Mode and drive able. With it off... it runs on High and rough/fluctuating idle between 1000-1500 RPM.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
The throttle body valve has to go thru a reset/relearn procedure. A full range scan tool can take care of that or if not available, just follow these steps:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PRIMO I think I'll give both procedures a try. I'll see which works best.

Funny... just did the ECU RESET procedures...and now my engine IDLE is at 1500RPM with CEL still ON. My scan tool shows that the P2101 code is set permanent. I need to figure out how to erase that permanent code.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
The manual ECU reset does get tricky but nothing wrong repeating the steps.

Does your scan tool have the throttle body relearn prompt? That DTC, along with rough idle will stay until it’s corrected. Also, don’t forget to check the throttle body harness/connector.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manual ECU reset does get tricky but nothing wrong repeating the steps.

Does your scan tool have the throttle body relearn prompt? That DTC, along with rough idle will stay until it’s corrected. Also, don’t forget to check the throttle body harness/connector.
Yeah my Scan tool does have the Throttle Body Relearn, Haven't used it yet. I was strictly doing it manually first. I will try it today. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Yeah my Scan tool does have the Throttle Body Relearn, Haven't used it yet. I was strictly doing it manually first. I will try it today. Thanks
If your scan tool has the idle relearn prompt as well, then use that after the throttle body prompt. I do this every time I clean out the throttle body and butterfly plate.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your scan tool has the idle relearn prompt as well, then use that after the throttle body prompt. I do this every time I clean out the throttle body and butterfly plate.
Funny... after manually doing the ECU reset again... the P2101 was replaced by P0101 MAF fault, I think I need to get my Beast out on the highway and stretch it legs a little bit. Clear the cob webs. After sitting unused for 2 months wasn't good.

Reactions: primoV8
1 - 7 of 7 Posts