Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I bought the PAC Audio adapter to allow me to have RCA out's off the stock head unit (I have an 04' LE w/ Bose and Nav System). My adapter didn't come with any instructions so I was wondering if you guys could tell me what area of the dash I need to take apart to be able to install the adapter.

I also have one more question, for those of you that hav einstalled an amp did you find an existing hole in the firewall to snake the power wire through or did you have drill your own, if so what area did you find to work best?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-MadaMan

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I have the same set up you are going to use. The silver radio bezel just pulls straight out. Then the radio needs to come out, which is obvious...I think there is 4 bolts. From there you can get to the back of the radio and install the T harness.

As far as the power wire goes, there is a rubber grommet that is on the drivers side of the firewall. If I recall correctly, it is easiest to see if you pull the carpeting back from the inside. I ran 2AWG wire through this hole, as it is pretty big.

One note about the PAC adapter. For some reason, I couldnt get the amp remote power wire to work. I previously had the same unit installed in my Nissan Murano and it worked fine. I just ended up tapping the remote turn on wire for the Bose sub under the drivers seat. Let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TooTall! I followed your advice and everything worked like a champ! My Mada' is now the proud poppa of two 12" Audiobahn's! Sounds awesome!

PS. I had the same problem with the remote wire you did...

Thanks again for the help!

-MadaMan

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a Audiobahn A18001DT . It sounds pretty good. Keeps vibrating my radar detector and sat radio off the dash.. my girlfriend tells me that’s a sign to turn it down but, what does she know. :)

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
hi ppl I was thinking of going the same route because I also have the same set up (le,nav,dvd) some else posted a site on a different thread but it didn't have the product # they said, and also I found no price any info would be great :fantastic

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
ARMADAinSMOKE said:
Also, does anyone have pictures of the install? Pictures of the unit hooked up to the wiring behind the radio?? Thanks in advance.
I dont have pictures of the install. However, you cannot mess up because there is a specific harness that requires no cutting. You take off the connector on the back of the radio plug one side of the PAC harness in the radio, and the other side of the PAC harness to the connector you first removed. There is a third connector which is actually the signal going to the PAC converter.

The kit you all need is AOEM-NIS2.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
armada2020 said:
hi ppl I was thinking of going the same route because I also have the same set up (le,nav,dvd) some else posted a site on a different thread but it didn't have the product # they said, and also I found no price any info would be great :fantastic
Go to PAC Audios web site and they have a list of on-line vendors that sell their products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.