Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else with a 2011 QX 56 with the white paint issue been denied from Infiniti ?
I was denied, they told me the warranty expired on 2017 and the extended warranty expired on August 2019, even I received the legal notice last month, this doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes it’s totally ridiculous. The lawsuit took too long to settle so the added extended warranty was already expired before the final decision. The 2 people that started the original lawsuit both have white 2011’s. I spoke to one of the class action attorneys about a month ago but he hasn’t contacted me since. I’m actually going to contact the clerk of the court, but figured I’d wait till the virus pandemic is over first
Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it’s totally ridiculous. The lawsuit took too long to settle so the added extended warranty was already expired before the final decision. The 2 people that started the original lawsuit both have white 2011’s. I spoke to one of the class action attorneys about a month ago but he hasn’t contacted me since. I’m actually going to contact the clerk of the court, but figured I’d wait till the virus pandemic is over first
Bill
Please let us know if you get any information, they just don't want to pay and are using the excuse of the warranty, Thank you
Paola

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any updates or luck getting any more information? Dealership and consumer affairs are not very helpful. Anyone actually received their repaint after this settlement was approved? Anyone tried to submit a reimbursement claim for a repaint paid out of pocket before the settlement was approved?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a white 2011 Infinity QX56. The paint is peeling off in SHEETS! Been to the dealer, no help. Applied to be a part of class action lawsuit and was informed that even though my vehicle was part of the class action suit, they settled and will only pay for repairs of Vehicles from 2012 on. So even though they acknowledged there was a problem with the paint, they are not going to stand behind their product for any vehicles that are 2011. So now we are stuck with a car that looks like it belongs in a junkyard! Oh, and we have had to replace BOTH fuel pumps! We have more money in this car than it is worth! And now we would need to pay to repaint it just to be able to sell it! Biggest mistake!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Luck! I been trying for months and by the time the lawsuit was approved to pay the painting the added extended warranty was already expired, I have tried to contact them over the email but the lawsuit just respond the same and they infiniti costumer affairs send you with them, they are just trowing the ball so all "warranties" are expired.

Please let us know if you get any information, they just don't want to pay and are using the excuse of the warranty, Thank you
Paola
Nothing they just keep saying the same, please see emails below:

From: #NA KCC LOUM Vehicle Paint Settlement <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 12:32 PM
To: 'Paola
Subject:RE: Nelson c. Nissan Settlement Administrator

Final Approval was received on December 19, 2019. A copy of the Final Approval Order can be found under the Case Documents tab on the settlement website, www.vehiclepaintsettlement.com.

More information regarding repaint qualifications can be found under FAQ 4 of the settlement website.

Thanks,
Nelson v. Nissan Settlement Administrator
PO Box 43502
Providence, RI 02940-3502

Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2020 1:42 PM
To: #NA KCC LOUM Vehicle Paint Settlement
Subject: Re: Nelson c. Nissan Settlement Administrator

Good afternoon,

The Infiniti Consumer Affairs said the extended warranty has expired on august 2019, they said even the court hasn't decide about the results they are nor responsible of the painting, I've been asking about this before my warranty expired and I was told I needed to contact you.

Please advise
Thank you

Sent from Outlook
From: #NA KCC LOUM Vehicle Paint Settlement <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 11:05 AM
To: 'Paola
Subject: RE: Nelson c. Nissan Settlement Administrator

Class Member – Below is an update regarding each Settlement benefit.

Reimbursement: Class Members who have completed a repaint may submit a valid reimbursement claim by the deadline of January 10, 2021. The reimbursement claim form for Nissan owners can be found at https://nissanassist.com/campaigns/rogue-white-paint/. The reimbursement claim form for INFINITI owners can be found at https://www.infinitiassist.com/campaigns/qx56-white-paint/. For updates on your reimbursement form, please contact 800-867-7669 for Nissan and 888-833-3216 for Infiniti.

Vehicle Purchase Program: The deadline for exercising your eligibility in Nissan’s or INFINITI’s Vehicle or Purchase Program was April 30, 2020, which has now passed. The deadline was not extended. However, if COVID-19 prevented your ability to participate in the Vehicle Purchase Program please contact Consumer Affairs directly at (800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261).

Repaint: The Extended Warranty extends your vehicle’s exterior paint warranty – specifically for paint peeling issues – for four years. The Extended Warranty begins when the standard warranty ends for each class member. For example if your standard warranty ends on January 1, 2018 then the Extended Warranty will begin on January 2, 2018. For more information on how to obtain your repaint under the Extended Warranty refer to FAQ 4 on the settlement website, www.vehiclepaintsettlement.com.

Thanks,
Nelson v. Nissan Settlement Administrator
PO Box 43502
Providence, RI 02940-3502

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:25 AM
To: #NA KCC LOUM Vehicle Paint Settlement
Subject: Fw: Nelson c. Nissan Settlement Administrator

Good morning,

I contacted my infiniti dealer and told me they are not able to do anything because my paint warranty has expired, they provided me with the infiniti consumer affairs and told me I needed to speak directly with you because they are not able to do nothing because the warranty has expire and that I needed to contact you directly, could yo please advise.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I si frustrated!! I just purchased my 2019 Q 80 Infiniti in 2020. Already the paint is peeling. I don't know what to do? I took it to the dealership and the shot me down. I am not sure what to do next, please help?!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forum,

So, I am not the kind of guy to do this. I don’t just take to the interweb anytime I get excited or angered. I don’t post pictures of my dinners; I don’t forward funny cat videos. Heck, the only time I have ever tweeted was when my 7-year old kicked me in the goods. The truth is I don’t have time between clients, kids, and trips to the Infiniti service department to be doing this kind of stuff. But sometimes, things are so bad, you are left with no other choice but to stand up and make a stink. That’s the point I have reached with my Infiniti QX56. Part of me feels the need to warn potential buyers of the hell I have suffered; a larger part of me needs to sleep peacefully knowing I did not simply submit to the will of a corporation more beholden to their bottom line than they are to their customers.

I will not go into great detail regarding most of the countless problems I have had with my QX56. Just know that I felt close enough to my service advisor to send him a family Christmas card. By the way, my service advisor, as well as my local service department, has been wonderful. It’s not their fault my car has had more problems than a Kardashian marriage. Really, until this most recent problem, I was content to simply never own another Infiniti product as long as I live.

Then, my paint started peeling off in king-sized sheets. I mean, it’s not flaking from rock-dings, its peeling off like clothes during spring break. No big deal, right? I mean, this is obviously a manufacturing defect, so Infiniti will have no issue paying to have it repainted, right? I mean, it’ll be inconvenient, but I have gotten used to that with this car. WRONG!!!!!!! I hope you can imagine my jaw-dropping SHOCK to learn Infiniti will not pay for what is CLEARLY a manufacturing defect because paint is “not covered under warranty.”

Yes, paint is not covered under warranty and I understand why. People do stupid things with their cars, so covering paint comprehensively would be problematic. However, this isn’t the result of me driving through some brush or using a particular soap for washing my car. THIS IS CLEARLY A MANUFACTURING DEFECT I AM BEING ASKED TO PAY TO REPAIR. I get it, really. As a company of profit, Infiniti does not have to pay. However, as a company of principle, they should certainly pay.

I have been told by my dealership, which reached out to the “regional service rep,” that they will not pay to cover this manufacturing defect. So, I am no longer seeking coverage from Infiniti. I am not going to beg and grovel for a company to stand behind their product. I will, however, yell and scream to anybody within earshot not to buy an Infiniti automobile. Heck, I stopped by the new car lot (after leaving the service department) and had a "buyer beware" conversation with a family looking at a new QX80. They were quite shocked at my paint. I told them my car was a special "leprosy" edition QX. Laughs all around as they got got back in their car and drove off.

Needless to say, it’s become my life’s goal (not really, but a goal nonetheless), to cost Infiniti more in future sales than it would have cost them to repaint my car. That’s how free markets work. If I am unhappy with a product, I am free to let the world know. So, I also purchased the domain infiniteexpenses.c0m and will build a simple website detailing my woes and the woes of other Infiniti owners in similar situations. (Actually, there seems to be a bunch of owners of white, 2011 QX56’s facing the EXACT same problem, so there was clearly an issue in that manufacturing run). I will then circulate that domain through as many channels as possible to get my experience out. I’ll also post this in as many relevant forums as I can find.

Hell, I have even designed a bumper sticker to put on my car (if you want one, send me your address and I’ll mail it out free!). As you can clearly see, I have more resources than I have good sense, but I’ll achieve my goal of having Infiniti pay one way or another. I may take out a billboard if the mood strikes me. Again, its not the money, its the principle.

Now, back to my cat videos.
We bought a 2021 Infinite QX80, and exactly 5 days after purchase, a lowlife punk scratched dirty pictures all over the driver side door, but we didnt see it till we arrived at the car. The following events were very costly, since we had to empty out pockets to pay $5,000 to fix a scratched door. Moral of the story, a couple giggles cost us $5,000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forum,

So, I am not the kind of guy to do this. I don’t just take to the interweb anytime I get excited or angered. I don’t post pictures of my dinners; I don’t forward funny cat videos. Heck, the only time I have ever tweeted was when my 7-year old kicked me in the goods. The truth is I don’t have time between clients, kids, and trips to the Infiniti service department to be doing this kind of stuff. But sometimes, things are so bad, you are left with no other choice but to stand up and make a stink. That’s the point I have reached with my Infiniti QX56. Part of me feels the need to warn potential buyers of the hell I have suffered; a larger part of me needs to sleep peacefully knowing I did not simply submit to the will of a corporation more beholden to their bottom line than they are to their customers.

I will not go into great detail regarding most of the countless problems I have had with my QX56. Just know that I felt close enough to my service advisor to send him a family Christmas card. By the way, my service advisor, as well as my local service department, has been wonderful. It’s not their fault my car has had more problems than a Kardashian marriage. Really, until this most recent problem, I was content to simply never own another Infiniti product as long as I live.

Then, my paint started peeling off in king-sized sheets. I mean, it’s not flaking from rock-dings, its peeling off like clothes during spring break. No big deal, right? I mean, this is obviously a manufacturing defect, so Infiniti will have no issue paying to have it repainted, right? I mean, it’ll be inconvenient, but I have gotten used to that with this car. WRONG!!!!!!! I hope you can imagine my jaw-dropping SHOCK to learn Infiniti will not pay for what is CLEARLY a manufacturing defect because paint is “not covered under warranty.”

Yes, paint is not covered under warranty and I understand why. People do stupid things with their cars, so covering paint comprehensively would be problematic. However, this isn’t the result of me driving through some brush or using a particular soap for washing my car. THIS IS CLEARLY A MANUFACTURING DEFECT I AM BEING ASKED TO PAY TO REPAIR. I get it, really. As a company of profit, Infiniti does not have to pay. However, as a company of principle, they should certainly pay.

I have been told by my dealership, which reached out to the “regional service rep,” that they will not pay to cover this manufacturing defect. So, I am no longer seeking coverage from Infiniti. I am not going to beg and grovel for a company to stand behind their product. I will, however, yell and scream to anybody within earshot not to buy an Infiniti automobile. Heck, I stopped by the new car lot (after leaving the service department) and had a "buyer beware" conversation with a family looking at a new QX80. They were quite shocked at my paint. I told them my car was a special "leprosy" edition QX. Laughs all around as they got got back in their car and drove off.

Needless to say, it’s become my life’s goal (not really, but a goal nonetheless), to cost Infiniti more in future sales than it would have cost them to repaint my car. That’s how free markets work. If I am unhappy with a product, I am free to let the world know. So, I also purchased the domain infiniteexpenses.c0m and will build a simple website detailing my woes and the woes of other Infiniti owners in similar situations. (Actually, there seems to be a bunch of owners of white, 2011 QX56’s facing the EXACT same problem, so there was clearly an issue in that manufacturing run). I will then circulate that domain through as many channels as possible to get my experience out. I’ll also post this in as many relevant forums as I can find.

Hell, I have even designed a bumper sticker to put on my car (if you want one, send me your address and I’ll mail it out free!). As you can clearly see, I have more resources than I have good sense, but I’ll achieve my goal of having Infiniti pay one way or another. I may take out a billboard if the mood strikes me. Again, its not the money, its the principle.

Now, back to my cat videos.
So I have the same issue. Paint peeling on top and back of my pearl white QX56. I love the car and it looked like no other when I bought it. But now it is sad because the paint is peeling. I never expected this from a $60K car. It's unacceptable. Infiniti (Nissan) should fix this. Seems like it might just be the white paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a white 2011 QX56 that i bought used from a toyota dealer here in michigan. something must have worked out because before purchase the dealer was able to get Infiniti to repaint the whole thing. when i asked about it they said it was due to the class action they were able to get it taken care of.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts