Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 SL. We love it BUT...
I HATE the auto-brake function of the so-called Parking Sonar.

Why?

If I forget to turn it off EACH time on the Infotainment Video screen, (by touching the "P") it slams on the brakes as I drive into the garage.

Worse yet, we tow a camper. If I put the Armada in reverse with the trailer attached, the brakes are slammed on if I haven't pushed the P as described above.

Moreover, when parking in a campsite, there is sometimes several forward/reverse movements to slip into a back-in site. As such I must remember to push the P to turn off the braking each change if direction. Or else... Slam, the brakes are auto applied.

To make matters worse, yep, you guessed it, the camper has electric brakes tied into the Armada.

In the on-screen Infotainment Settings function there is a Sonar on/off button .
If it is set it to "off" it doesn't prevent the automatic braking as I describe above. So, I really don't understand what is being "turned off".

What am I missing?

There has to be a way to turn this function OFF. I can't find anything in the manual.

HELP..... Whiplash isn't fun ....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah. Ill look up the details, but when in park there are different settings. There is a tow mode you can turn on and under settings you can turn off the auto braking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update on this? Picking up my '22 this week and would like to turn this off permanently immediately if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly, no update.... It still drives me crazy.

The reality is it seems it could be fixed with a software change...

The vehicle "knows" when a trailer is attached due to the onboard dash brake controller. If that is activated the rear auto-braking Sonar should be automatically disabled ....

Especiallywith a trailer with brakes, the sudden jolt is alarming. Itt truly makes backing into a campsite a challenge....

All of that said, it pulls my 7000lb GVW camping trailer like a dream.... Even up mountains. Have towed almost 10,000 miles with it.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts