Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Armada LE
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the master switch, and passenger window regulator. Also, locking of doors only works with key fob. When I disconnect battery, wait 20 min, reconnect battery, I press 'unlock' button on fob, then try passenger window button....only DOWN works.
What wire is disconnected that wont allow UP?!

I have read all the threads here.

Is it the passenger switch?
All the other windows work fine. ( aside...the rear liftgate also will not operate with any buttons).

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Administrator
6,606 Posts
dont fully understand what you mean -- are you saying the window will not roll up once its rolled down?

did you recheck your work? disconnect and reconnect the harnesses you disconnected?

why did you replace the master switch in the first place? was the window in question having the same issues you are mentioning here? or was it something else that prompted you to replace the master switch?

did you put the old master switch back to see if the window behaves differently?

did you do the window reset sequence?

·
Premium Member
2004 Armada LE
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marc,
Orig prob, pass window was acting strange for a while. It would not always respond to 'close' command...i finally told everyone..."dont touch the the pass window....I put window up and left it....till my wife put it down last wk . I have replaced my drivers side window reg and motor with no issues 5yrs ago. ALL 3 other windows respond to master, the passenger window will not.
On another thread, I read setting the parking brake caused its metal edge to scrape a bundle of wires under the dash. I rarely set the pkg brake buuut... I just checked and I DO see a green/white wire & yellow wire have Copper exposed where the depressed lever cut the casing and prob touched the wires. I see no burn or signs of shorting, but that could have occured Anywhere in a run. Are they window wires, I dunno?
Anyway, I will tape em, they aren't cut. It cant be fuse...cause there is no such thing as an UP fuse.

If it shorted the passenger switch I figure its worth a shot.
The pass window is prob due for new motor anyway, so i replaced the reg n motor. Now i know my 'NEW' Master is not shorted, and can prob return it...since nothing diff is happening. And to make sure The first motor I bought (for cheap) wasnt bad, i bought a second...I get same result. I install the new motor and rgulator and window responds to down but will not go up.
Something in the Up signal is not sending...so even if you try from the drivers side, the window motor does nothing for Up, and happily goes down. Some electrical signal is getting blocked for up pins. Jiggling wires does nothing.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Window reset sequence? I watched the video from link on this site....but keep in mind, sequence includes raising window...

·
Administrator
6,606 Posts
if you cant get the window to roll UP, even after replacing the motor, there may be an issue with the wire harness. cant see the BCM (which controls these commands) being an issue, or any other component since the window went DOWN.
do you have the pin outs for the motor so you can test for continuity? this is the next logical step to make sure you are getting power to it.

ive attached the service manual for the glass/window system in case you dont have it...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Armada2004
Did you replace master window switch with OEM? I learned the hard way that aftermarket switches are missing something in their circuiting that does not allow for certain functions at least on the Armadas equipped with the auto liftgate. I lost the same functions as you discribed. I would suggest purchasing a used OEM master switch off ebay or direct from a salvage yard. I believe that will solve your issue and limit the time wasted trying to track an electrical short that may not exist. Hope my headache save you from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts