Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
This coolant pipe is very hard to find. And they may look good from the outside but if your coolant overflow has a rusty color this is rusting inside and must be replaced. This is probably the problem with a lot of these vehicles .

I Had a seller send me one from Florida ,because mine was corroded from the outside. But the inside was real bad from the one from Florida. Chunks of rust coming of it. Imagine this going through the radiator and thermostat. This is probably bad down south because people using tap water in their coolant system. A big NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Also got radiator support bolts.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Couple of things to consider - For the radiator, have a look at Koyo. My stock radiator was leaking in all kinds of places. I first replaced it with a Cryomax radiator and that was garbage. Then went with a Koyo. That one worked well. I bought it for $205 from autopartswarehouse.com. Also, do yourself a favor - don't use the OEM hose clamps on your radiator hoses. Those are the pressure clamps that you spread with pliers to get on and off. Go with worm gear clamps wherever possible. Those pressure clamps will lose their "spring" after awhile and you will have leaks.

Regarding the exhaust manifolds, if yours aren't already cracked, they will. I just went through all of this, so I know. I did a lot of research and didn't find any aftermarket manifolds. The OEM manifolds will run you $2,000 ($1,000 per side). My understanding is that they have "improved" the design of the newer ones to address cracking, but I wouldn't put my money on them not cracking again. I opted to go with Cajun JBA headers/ long tubes stage 1 package. Those will run you $950 total for the pair but then you also have to put on an UpRev tune ($600) to control the AF ratio from running lean, which would then burn up the cats without that tune. I don't know what state you live in, but if it is strict on emissions, this setup could potentially be a problem. Plenty of folks on this forum have this setup without issue though. Just be aware that the stock exhaust manifold system is a 4 cat system. Going to the JBA headers permanently removes 2 of those cats. Now would be the time to research changing them out no matter what option you go with, as you will have some room to do the work with all that front end stuff out of the way. Otherwise it is very tight spaces to work in and would take about 8 hours to do.

You can check this thread: https://www.clubarmada.com/threads/who-here-have-personally-replaced-their-exhaust-manifolds.86501/#post-578687

As well as this video on Youtube (not my video):

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the advice. What does this tune entail? Do you have to take it to someone,to have it tuned? How do you avoid CEL,s.
Is there a way to keep the cat's? And also how is the sound level on these?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I'll skip the details of the tune as you are in the other thread where we are discussing that.
As for the sound, in my particular setup, there is really not much change at all. Just very slightly deeper tone.
I would attribute that fact to the Borla exhaust/muffler. Quality stuff there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
OK i picked up this coolant recovery tank (antifreeze overflow)

The Titan one can not be used it's missing a nipple,it's cheaper but will NOT work.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Awesome job fixing up that Armada.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Awesome job fixing up that Armada.
Thank you i am glad a few are interested.

I hope this helps people, with parts, and putting the car together.

Got all of this for about $100 Just need radiator ,condenser and the front metal bumper. And then some little do dads

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Thank you i am glad a few are interested.

Got all of this for about $100 Just need radiator ,condenser and the front metal bumper. And then some little do dads
I like this thread. It is definitely intriguing.

I think I mentioned further up in this thread about a Koyo radiator. That one has treated me well since install. Definitely a part I would get new vs trying to find a good used one.

This is the one I had installed:
(I see CarID has it for $103 at this link)

05-08 Nissan Armada KOYO Radiator A2691
$165.95

DPI #
2691 Reference # 21211
Width 27.25" Height 23.4375"
Engine Oil Cooler NO
Transmission Oil Cooler 18 1/8"
Replacement OEM # 21460ZC00A
Notes: High-Performance KOYO Brand. Fits 5.6L V8 05-08

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I like this thread. It is definitely intriguing.

I think I mentioned further up in this thread about a Koyo radiator. That one has treated me well since install. Definitely a part I would get new vs trying to find a good used one.

This is the one I had installed:
(I see CarID has it for $103 at this link)

05-08 Nissan Armada KOYO Radiator A2691
$165.95

DPI #
2691 Reference # 21211
Width 27.25" Height 23.4375"
Engine Oil Cooler NO
Transmission Oil Cooler 18 1/8"
Replacement OEM # 21460ZC00A
Notes: High-Performance KOYO Brand. Fits 5.6L V8 05-08
Thanks you ,sounds good, i will check it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok got a new fan bracket $59.22 ,figured after 179,000 miles it's worn out. I am also getting an accessory pulley and new water pump.

No sense putting car back together with old stuff.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts