Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Ok the 3rd picture in up above and the one closest to the firewall took 4 hours to get off. I rounded it with an impact ( impacts are big no no with super rusted bolts) and it was the first and last bolt i tried with an impact. I finally got it off with dremiling flat surfaces and using a chisel through the passenger wheel well. I have 10 of 16 off now, half of the time the nut comes off and the other half the stud and nut come out. the Stud the nut down below came off of , should be fine , i will leave it in.

I am doing this with 3/8 ratchet with no extensions going from the front with a pipe over the ratchet. The front of the car is off and all accessories off. The mounts are untouched.
I admire your persistence in this project. Please do continue to give us an update. (y)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I admire your persistence in this project. Please do continue to give us an update. (y)
Thank you !

Both of the frame rails in the accident bent in like they were suppose to. To get them both bent out I had to use a 12 ton bottle jack and a 4x4 parallel to the floor. Even 24000 LBS of force wasn't enough to spread them back to where they originally were. This is very hard and thick steel.

As you see in the pictures i had to cut the inside half of both to get them back to spec. The whole time I was lining it up with the front crash bar. I will weld square plates over the cuts to mimic what Nissan did.

I bought a negative battery cable, because mine looks terrible.

And i bought two motor mounts , they say these are OEM quality. I will be putting these on this week . I got the exhaust manifolds off that was a nightmare, Pictures to come later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I noticed that your new NEG battery cable didn't come with the current sensor pre installed. So, wondering how the existing one will wrap around the new cable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I noticed that your new NEG battery cable didn't come with the current sensor pre installed. So, wondering how the existing one will wrap around the new cable.
That looks exactly the same, as my NEG cable, the newer ones must be different.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Your new NEG battery cable is the correct one. I just thought it came with the current sensor. So now I'm thinking...there must be a way to split the current sensor in half. So you can clamp it onto the new cable. I Need to research this..

So you are saying your old cable doesn't have a current sensor attached to it?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
So you are saying your old cable doesn't have a current sensor attached to it?
Yes the 05’s and 04’s don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: toname

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Picked up two of these from eBay ,the front body mounts. And the things they bolt to are these two front things. I have removed these, and I am in the process of replacing with used ones. They are piece of the body they do not unbolt , spot welds must be taken out.

They were rusty where the mounts bolt on and the accident didn't help.

I have both engine mounts on , pictures soon.

The front crossmember, or as Nissan calls it crossmember 1. The one I cut off a Armada in the junkyard. I didn't notice , someone must have yanked something hard out, while using the drivers side tow hook. Because the Boss or mounting nut was ripped out. These suspension sway bar nuts, are used for many things on the Armadas. I bought a bunch of these for the third crossmember, but also to weld a new boss on the 1st . I had to rebuild the area, as you can imagine a nut being ripped through the member. I also tapped all the holes and reinforced the member, with welding.

This is the drivers mount installed with new Bolts, this was much harder than passenger side. keep in mind i have the whole front of the truck off.

Also installed front body mounts and the body piece it bolts on. Welds are very sloppy, My welding helmet broke and i was welding with my hands over my eyes. I have one on order.

Well every thing is back in alignment and I test fitted everything on the front. I used part of the old front crossmember that I cut off to make plates, and did some welding. Very front member will be welded on after engine area work is done, it's much easier with it off. But everything fits, after the accident and the tow hooks on the front help with every thing lining back up. They were essential, to getting everything almost perfectly back, to stock dimensions. And last picture, the radiator support bolts all line up, this is how it's done in the factory everything part, check each other parts alignment for fit.
Next step ordering Exhaust and headers.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Dang...you are very skilled at welding. Plus patience. Thanks for the update. Rooting for your success!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I picked up this rear exhaust it was cheap at $257 . I wanted JBA but many said it's much louder than stock. I will take quiet over HP. I have decided to go with the Cajun headers B pipe combo and tune. Will be purchasing shortly.

Also new manifold studs are on and or repaired. Running a die on them was hell. Also picked up different bolts and nuts for the project about $350 worth. Nissan fasteners are expensive.

Also purchased Koyo radiator For $107 from rockauto, They are currently out of stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Picked up this water pump, wanted to replace it when it was easy. Hitachi , Rockauto.

I think it was around $45

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well this truck is leading me down a rabbit hole , I guess i will have to push on. I was cleaning under the Intake manifold with a small vacuum attachment. There was a decent size mice nest under it, and as a was vacuuming, I saw a chewed wire. After I got the IM off, the wires are a little chewed, but they can be taped up.
Made a tool out of a sharpie, idea I got on different forums, this worked great. I made it about 1 inch long and cut the unopened end, then split it all the way up, along the length. This is to get the fuel hose off.

While I am in there, I will get a new starter, some gaskets and bolts. I also slightly ported and polished the throttle body
ody.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Keep at it man... We are rooting for you!!!(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Keep at it man... We are rooting for you!!!(y)(y)(y)
Hello, Picked up a Brand new Bosch from rockauto, for about $178 with discount. Also picked up 10 new Nissan Intake manifold bolts ,for $13.20. I have to clean up area then install all of this, next. Fix chewed wires and clean intake runners in head. Pictures to come next of that.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Very nice. I got a reman Bosch from rockauto a couple months ago for $85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
(y) 🤙 👏👏 Keep at it. We in the forum are rooting for you. Can't wait for the day, that your Beast returns back on the road and ROARS back to life 🙌

41 - 55 of 55 Posts