Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
B pipes and tune will be after i put it back together . But these headers are beautiful look better than my pictures.

Still need to change transmission pan.

Just received the Cajun B pipes and they look great. I think it even came with stainless fasteners, I will check later. The headers bolted up perfectly, they are now on, not easy. I will show some pics installed later, and some other progress. I need to pick up some OEM B pipe gaskets.

Keep at it man... We are rooting for you!!!(y)(y)(y)
Here are some pictures. The front crossmember is welded on and I have a bunch of accessories on. Waiting on some little things. And I am running it a little to check for leaks, it can be run for 30 seconds at a time.
B pipes are on, and some of the exhaust. Just need to put muffler on, but engine sounds great.

After I get the parts I am waiting on, and satisfied with it not leaking, I will put the belt on, tensioner and fan.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Amazing work. I need a pair of those headers!
Smile Sleeve Happy Headgear Font

• Haha
Reactions: Buggs carrot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
[/QUOTE] Pictures are of accessories being completed, and belt on. Also tow hooks and fan and radiator support, is on. Hard to work outside with the cold and weather, I can't use my garage because work is being done and been waiting months of stuff for it.

Also getting a 1121 code and a fear it's a fail safe code, limiting the throttle. I hope transmission is not bad. I should have the front done soon, and find out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Pictures are of accessories being completed, and belt on. Also tow hooks and fan and radiator support, is on. Hard to work outside with the cold and weather, I can't use my garage because work is being done and been waiting months of stuff for it.

Also getting a 1121 code and a fear it's a fail safe code, limiting the throttle. I hope transmission is not bad. I should have the front done soon, and find out.
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't worry too much YET on the CEL code. Your beast has been sitting idle (a long while) and the ECM has to go thru a total re-calibration or drive cycles. Get it road worthy, then drive it several 100 miles in a combination of HWY (mostly) and CITY drive. This is what I had to do to mine after sitting on a ship for two month with battery disconnected (shipped from overseas to U.S.). Then check codes again.

Reactions: Buggs carrot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Pictures are of accessories being completed, and belt on. Also tow hooks and fan and radiator support, is on. Hard to work outside with the cold and weather, I can't use my garage because work is being done and been waiting months of stuff for it.

I wouldn't worry too much YET on the CEL code. Your beast has been sitting idle (a long while) and the ECM has to go thru a total re-calibration or drive cycles. Get it road worthy, then drive it several 100 miles in a combination of HWY (mostly) and CITY drive. This is what I had to do to mine after sitting on a ship for two month with battery disconnected (shipped from overseas to U.S.). Then check codes again.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply, makes me feel better. I have had the battery unhooked for over 1 year at one time and it didn't move. Guy i bought it from said the trans was replaced and worked fine, I was originally going to scrap it, that's what I bought it for. He had nothing to gain by lying, we shall see.

[/QUOTE]Picked up a radiator cap

also picked up an additional trans oil cooler, he had this originally on the AC condenser behind the electric fan.

And also picked up a OEM trans cooler , the one between the radiator and the AC condenser. I found one in much better shape.

[/QUOTE]
OK I am further along, been working on a lot of things.

I have been trying to figure out the code i have for the transmission P1754 . Car is very sluggish, when driving, although engine sounds great. That's the only code i get , no other codes for the engine or transmission.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

I have been trying to figure out the code i have for the transmission P1754 . Car is very sluggish, when driving, although engine sounds great. That's the only code i get , no other codes for the engine or transmission.

[/QUOTE]
How long have you driven the beast since you had it road worthy? Reason I ask… is whenever your transmission throws a code like that. It will go into safe mode and only allow you to stay in the lower gears . If this happens, usually you can pull over Shut the engine off… restart and this will usually reset the TCM and drives normal until the TCM experience another fault condition.

How long have you driven the beast since you had it road worthy? Reason I ask… is whenever your transmission throws a code like that. It will go into safe mode and only allow you to stay in the lower gears . If this happens, usually you can pull over Shut the engine off… restart and this will usually reset the TCM and drives normal until the TCM experience another fault condition.
[/QUOTE]
P1725 relates to one of your solenoid valves in the TCM control module inside the transmission. Have you changed your tran fluid lately?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
P1725 relates to one of your solenoid valves in the TCM control module inside the transmission. Have you changed your tran fluid lately?
[/QUOTE] I have only driven it a few miles, and also it has no power even down low. The engine sounds great when i rev it , but when i put it in gear it is very sluggish, and i have to really get on it to move. Once in a while a P0507 comes on the scanner but it then clears it's self. The fluid is still red(looks clean) , i need to change the pan i have a new one. But i don't want to do it twice, if it needs a Valve Body. But i have very little experience with these vehicles, this has been what's holding me up. I had a lot of problems with the idle 1400-1700rpm. But i know have it down to around 900rpm. I used a Nissan data scan 2 , but not sure where to go from this point.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have only driven it a few miles, and also it has no power even down low. The engine sounds great when i rev it , but when i put it in gear it is very sluggish, and i have to really get on it to move. Once in a while a P0507 comes on the scanner but it then clears it's self. The fluid is still red(looks clean) , i need to change the pan i have a new one. But i don't want to do it twice, if it needs a Valve Body. But i have very little experience with these vehicles, this has been what's holding me up. I had a lot of problems with the idle 1400-1700rpm. But i know have it down to around 900rpm. I used a Nissan data scan 2 , but not sure where to go from this point.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]
You really ... if all possible drive the beast at close to highway speed for at least 100 miles for the ECM, TCM to reprogram itself. I understood this after my beast sat for over a month(due to shipping it stateside) and batteries disconnected. All kinds of codes were popping up that were never present before shipping. Even after several resets of the ECM and only doing city driving had no change. But driving @ hwy speeds 55+ for about 100+ miles. It finaly started working as before. I'm not going to say that this will solve your issues, but your beast has a lot of re-learning to do after sitting for a long time. Also get some MAP sensor cleaner and spray it on. Also the trottle body. This might help with your idle issues.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
[/QUOTE]
You really ... if all possible drive the beast at close to highway speed for at least 100 miles for the ECM, TCM to reprogram itself. I understood this after my beast sat for over a month(due to shipping it stateside) and batteries disconnected. All kinds of codes were popping up that were never present before shipping. Even after several resets of the ECM and only doing city driving had no change. But driving @ hwy speeds 55+ for about 100+ miles. It finaly started working as before. I'm not going to say that this will solve your issues, but your beast has a lot of re-learning to do after sitting for a long time. Also get some MAP sensor cleaner and spray it on. Also the trottle body. This might help with your idle issues.
[/QUOTE] First, I have to fix my idle, I think I messed up the TB when i was polishing it. I treat stuff like this with newer cars and I cant anymore. They are very sensitive. Next I will drop the oil pan and change the fluid. And do what you said to do above.

So i ordered a TB in decent shape,
2004 Infiniti Qx56 Throttle Valve Assembly for sale online | eBay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Well after trying to get my idle stable, I bought and installed the TB above and it fixed my nasty idle 100%. I was very surprised. I didn't think it was the TB but the relearn or something else. But it did the trick, the weird thing is i changed it without a relearn and it is perfect. The idle is at 650 rpm and it doesn't move.

I will post some pictures tomorrow, it's still not back together. Just dealing with Airbag issues and transmission issues. Gonna drain the fluid and put a new pan on. Then drive it like toname says. Also completed the exhaust, can't believe how quiet it is.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Great work.... you are turning into a 1st Gen Armada expert by the time you are all done 👍. Keep us posted on the progress.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts