Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got this installed in an Armada and just didn't post on it? Saw two posts here on it but not great info. One good post on the titan page but just want to hear from an Armada owner. Even though Sound domain, Car domain, and Crutchfield (strangly enough very similar websites...hmmm) all say it won't fit but the titan guy didn't mention any fit issues. He did complain of the audio quality but it seems impossible that it could be less than the stock bose which to me doesn't sound too bad. Would love to see some pics!!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Avic d1

Very nice unit, but if you can wait go for the new Z1 which will be out in the spring. Go to pioneers website and read about it. It has DVD playback and bluetooth built in too. The only thing really nice about the D1 right now is the price. I can buy them for $930 wholesale and there is a $300 rebate to the end user. That is a great deal. If you get the nav traffic XM there is a $100 rebate to the end user.

DanDan

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DanDan said:
Very nice unit, but if you can wait go for the new Z1 which will be out in the spring. Go to pioneers website and read about it. It has DVD playback and bluetooth built in too. The only thing really nice about the D1 right now is the price. I can buy them for $930 wholesale and there is a $300 rebate to the end user. That is a great deal. If you get the nav traffic XM there is a $100 rebate to the end user.

DanDan
Dan Dan show me the quickest route to Walmart...Dan Dan...Dan Dan! Just messn'. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
The double Din fits pretty tight (as in small space). It is surprisingly the rear of the radio that touches the metal bar in the back of the Mada. It still fits and the radio bracets will fit. Might want to turn them around so the D1 sticks out a little to give you space. You will need to buy the Double Din Front Bezel. I had it all installed except for the speakers. I think something was up with the speakers. I don't think I have the Bose, but seeing everything worked but the speakers it might be the case. I decided to go with the AV 80 instead and get a Nav dash, so I could use the rear audio and steering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I had it installed in my Armada (with the Bose speakers)... and loved it. I had a shop installed it for me. There was no fitting issues that I know of. I also had to buy the double din bezel.

Q2H

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
q2h said:
I had it installed in my Armada (with the Bose speakers)... and loved it. I had a shop installed it for me. There was no fitting issues that I know of. I also had to buy the double din bezel.

Q2H
The area in the back is a little tight with the wires if you do it yourself, but it will fit. Also with the Bose system I think you have to by pass the speakers. Not hard, but I wanted to use the rear controls and steering wheel controls so I did my own installation with a Pioneer AV80 and AVD W6120 touch control. I will post some photos when I figure out how.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.