Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it. Of all the low down dirty things that could be done, I had to see it this morning. I walked out to my Armada this morning at 5 o'clock to drive to work, I noticed a black piece of plastic on the ground in front of my tire. I didn't think nothing about it just trying not to run it over. I get in, start the truck up and check my mirrors. My drivers side mirror glass was missing and the plastic assy. was bent forward like it was hit. I then looked on the ground for the mirror thinking it was a hit and run. That black piece of plastic that was in front of my tire turned out to be the glass mirror upside down. I checked it out and the bottom of the mirror was cracked with other cracks coming out of it. The initial crack was concave from the bottom. It was at a sharp point on the bottom of the glass in the middle. Me and some of my co-workers concluded that it was shot by a bb or pellet gun. I was pissed. Now I have to order the mirror through Nissan at $180 for the full assy. I plan on replacing it myself instead of Nissan charging me $50 for labor. I was hoping ya'll could give me any instructions on the proper way to replace the mirror. Thanks for any help ya'll give me.

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Sorry to hear that man! :pullout: Anyways, here are some instruction on how to install the Signal L.E.D. mirrors, so i'm guessing it's the same thing installing regular mirrors without having to do the extra wiring.

http://muthco.com/techsupport/pdfs/21001030.pdf

· Premium Member
342 Posts
Thats not cool - Punks! :censor:

· Premium Member
237 Posts
sorry to hear that.... where did you get your kits?

I can't believe it. Of all the low down dirty things that could be done, I had to see it this morning. I walked out to my Armada this morning at 5 o'clock to drive to work, I noticed a black piece of plastic on the ground in front of my tire. I didn't think nothing about it just trying not to run it over. I get in, start the truck up and check my mirrors. My drivers side mirror glass was missing and the plastic assy. was bent forward like it was hit. I then looked on the ground for the mirror thinking it was a hit and run. That black piece of plastic that was in front of my tire turned out to be the glass mirror upside down. I checked it out and the bottom of the mirror was cracked with other cracks coming out of it. The initial crack was concave from the bottom. It was at a sharp point on the bottom of the glass in the middle. Me and some of my co-workers concluded that it was shot by a bb or pellet gun. I was pissed. Now I have to order the mirror through Nissan at $180 for the full assy. I plan on replacing it myself instead of Nissan charging me $50 for labor. I was hoping ya'll could give me any instructions on the proper way to replace the mirror. Thanks for any help ya'll give me.

· Premium Member
193 Posts
My wife clipped a camper mirror on a pickup parked 2 feet from the curb (snow against curb forced vehicles out into road) this winter. Mirror glass popped out, heater wires let go and it dropped to the ground to be instantly run over.

I found complete mirror assemblies on Ebay for about $50, but just bought a mirror for about the same price.

Please note that if you need to install a new mirror look behind at the mounting clips and make sure all 4 are clipped in. I had to reach behind with a metal rod to hold the mounting ring while pushing on the mirror.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.