Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I have to ask if and what mods you have done. My wife just told me her new 18 Was averaging 14mpg on a trip to the beach. I would guess the vehicle was seeing speeded above 80 the entire trip down and back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just brought a 2004 Nissan Armada le model fully loaded with custom exhaust tips , I plan to travel to Miami next month from Delaware which is a 1,100 mile trip, I heard having exhaust gives you better gas mileage, but question is did I buy a good truck or no? I like the space and TVs , but how many times do you guys think I will have to fill it , so far I’ve filled it twice and only took me maybe $70 at the max on 2.31 gas. How fast will it burn on the highway or should I take it back to the dealership and get something else ?

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
If you dont want to pay the cost to fill up the car and/or its not within your budget, you should perhaps rethink your purchase or take it back. The car is heavy, its a V8 and its 5.6 liters. That’s a thirsty car. Add in people , cargo and iris heavier.

You can ease off from a stop to save, drive 55 mph and stay off hills. You can maintain a constant speed on the highway. These are just examples.

Did you buy a good vehicle? Yes the Nissan Armada has been proven to be a worthwhile investment. Is your particular car a “good” purchase? We dont know. Hopefully you have checked it out and/or had your mechanic you trust check it out and the previous owner(s) took care of it.

No one, in my opinion, should purchase this car expecting to save on petrol mileage.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
No one, in my opinion, should purchase this car expecting to save on petrol mileage
That^^

These are LARGE and HEAVY vehicles with a BIG engine, they won't be getting 25mpg....at all.

Now saying that, my best on my 08 has been right under 21mpg but that was really working for it, babying it, not speeding, not taking off fast, keeping the rpms under 2200 at all times. My average is 19.2mpg.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I got a 2018 Silver Armada Platnium back in Feb. with 3750 miles. I've had a few minor glitches, but nothing noteworthy except the MPG readout on the screen. 90% of my driving is on the freeway so I expected to get close to the EPA rating of around 18. I was consistently getting 19+. So I started a log of actual miles driven, per the odometer and gallons purchased. I put the numbers in a spreadsheet and ran the dashboard readout next to the actual MPG I was calculating.

What I found was that the readout was consistently 3 to 7% higher than what I was calculating. After almost 4000 miles, I took my spreadsheet into the dealership and pointed out the discrepancy. The service tech said he would have it tweaked so the calculation would be more in line with the actual figures. Now, after another 2500 miles I see that nothing has changed.

I know the odometer readout is good. I drive essentially the same route from my home to my remote office and both previous vehicles indicated 136 mile +/-. I even use the same gas stations as before so I'm certain their pumps are close to true. Besides the California county bureau of weights and measures has a continual program of testing the pumps to insure accuracy.

So, has anyone else had this problem? If yes, did you solve it? I don't want to hear that you just learned to live with the difference...lol.

Thanks for any feedback.

Russ

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
The fuel economy information may differ from the information displayed on the vehicle information display. This is due to the timing difference in updating the information and does not indicate a malfunction.

Are you looking at the center display in the combination meter? it has petrol mpg as well. Are you comparing it to the big screen mpg? Even those are going to be different betwixt them!

There’s simply too many variables at play that cant be controlled. Humidity, driving patterns/conditions, petrol pumps can be out of align..dont let the facet that some gov. Bureau is “tracking” the accuracy of the pumps.

My point is these EPA ratings are under “best case” conditions and at the end of the day, what you are seeing is going to be normal.

If you feel the mileage is off and you feel nissan corporate have lied, you should reach out to their consumer affairs division with your findings..

·
Registered
31 Posts
2018 SL 45k miles average 17+ MPG. But I drove Tundra and 4Runner prior to Armada - so MPG really not a concern for me.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
depends on the driving type. my 2010 titanium 4x4 can squeeze into the high 19 mpgs hwy on cruise control at 67 on an empty flat FL hwy... i drive slowly around town and get 13.5-14.5 there is quite a bti of sitting in traffic there though.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
We just sold our 04. Wife used it to drive to work for a year. We didn't care about economy cause her work pays her fuel to commute. She just got a new suv and I used the Armada for 2 weeks to commute to my job and averaged 14mpg. I get the same economy in my 05 Dodge 1 ton pulling my 30' camper weighing in around 17000lbs combined weight. I knew it was bad on fuel but was hoping to get better than that so I sold it and bought beer.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts