Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

What is your preference about amending Rule #5 of the ROTM Nomination Rules?

• Leave Rule #5 as is. (ROTM Winners ineligable for 12 months)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Ammend Rule #5 to say ROTM Winners are Ineligable for future Nominations.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ammend Rule #5 to say ROTM Winners are Ineligable for 24 months.

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay forum members there has been a suggestion to amend the current rules regarding nominations for Ride of the Month (ROTM).

The current rules for NOMINATIONS are:

1. Has to be an Armada, QX56, or Titan.
2. Has to be a ClubArmada Member (does not have to be an active member)
3. Must include picture with nomination.
4. May nominate as many rigs as you would like.
5. If you are a ROTM Winner- you are ineligable for nomination for a full 12 months.

The proposed amendment is to #5 listed above and is as follows:

IF you are a ROTM Winner- you are ineligable for renomination. (This is to allow other members the honour of becoming ROTM Winners also.)

WE DO NOT WISH TO SEE THE SAME 12 RIGS EVERY YEAR!

I do have an alternate amendment:

If you are a ROTM Winner- you are ineligable for renomination for a full 2 years (24 months).

Since I'm nice and I WANT other members to engage in ROTM and feel like they have a say I will leave this to a vote and majority of votes wins. The poll will be open for the next SEVEN (7) days and any changes will be implemented immediately.

I will NOT leave a 4th option as other available on the poll. You will only have ONE (1) vote and your name will NOT show on which option you voted for.
I will abstain from the voting, unless there is a tie- then my vote will be the tie-breaker.

(This is not meant as a slap in the face to anyone, we are simply in new territory for the ROTM threads and possilbly need to make some adjustments)

·
SHIFT_Moderator
2,190 Posts
Ok, I voted :)

I do have one comment on rule 5. If you are a ROTM Winner- you are ineligable for nomination for a full 12 months.

It would be very likely to see the same 5-7 vehicles winning every year 12 months, so I am in favor of extending this out to 18 to 24 months.

thanks again,

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
perhaps something to include...a person can become eligible if a significant upgrade is done to the vehicle...just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perhaps something to include...a person can become eligible if a significant upgrade is done to the vehicle...just a thought
nice addition mbender... I may run another poll after this one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I voted :)

I do have one comment on rule 5. If you are a ROTM Winner- you are ineligable for nomination for a full 12 months.

It would be very likely to see the same 5-7 vehicles winning every year 12 months, so I am in favor of extending this out to 18 to 24 months.

thanks again,
nice comments drauden, and to be honest I didn't really think it would be an issue when I helped restart this the first time nor when I restarted it the second time. lol

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I voted too.

Believe

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
nice addition mbender... I may run another poll after this one

I agree,

I say 18 months unless a significant upgrade (either raised, lowered, or extreme modification. Wheels and Tires also do not count)

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Voted to leave it alone, but if the option was to 18 to 24 months or after significant upgrades or mods was available, I would have chosen that!
lol there was/is an option to extend it out to 24 months Spydee. :) I can just tally your vote to that option.

EVERYONE: Please be aware that I may run 1 more poll after this one is done to further fine tune this rule. (just looking for broad strokes at the moment). SO if you have any other suggested modifications please submit them in this thread!

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
This voting thing is pretty easy, make sure to make your's count on November 6th!!

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This voting thing is pretty easy, make sure to make your's count on November 6th!!
^ true statement!

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump to the top.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I voted ! ! !

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Done to those that have already voted!... only a couple more days to get your vote in on this issue. Let's keep the votes coming in!!

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RULE Amendment

Thank you to all who voted... It is VERY much appriciated.

ROTM Nomination Rule #5 will be changed from:

ROTM Winners are inelligable for nomination for 12 months following their Win.

TO:

ROTM Winners are inelligable for nomination for 24 months AND must have a significant modification, i.e. lifted/lowered, painted, etc. Swapping out rims and tyres alone does not meet eligability requirements.

The main reason for the rule amendment is that we WANT to see different Rides winning the ROTM. This is the chance to showcase your ride and we want EVERYONE to get a fair chance and quite honestly it would be UBER boring if the same 12/24 rides kept winning.

This being said: Of the nominations that are in for October 2012 ROTM all but the nomination for Pops is thrown out, sorry guys, as Pops is the only one that has not yet won ROTM and to my immediate knowledge none of the other nominiees have had any significant mods to their rides since winning.

I will post over in the October 2012 ROTM Nomination thread as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts