Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing my Armada by May or so. I wanted to know how you felt about the color of your truck when it comes to door dings, looking dirty, and maintaining a good paint job. What color do you think is best/easier to maintain? I love the black, Silver, white and even thought about the slate gray.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
05BLIZZARDLE said:
WHITE...I think it is the easiest and best at hiding scratches and dings. The worst color w/ the most maintence in definetely BLACK.
I second that, although its hard to maintain, but if you have the patience, black is the way to go, and definetly a head turner, but :damn: its hard to :cool: keep clean.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I LOVE my Smoke color. Yes it is darker but it doesn't show off road grime nearly as bad as a white IMO. Plus with the metallic flakes in the paintjob when it's clean it freakin sparkles :)

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I really like the Silver Lightning on the 06s, but it's really just a person preference.

If you haven't already, go to nissanusa.com and build an online car and check out the different colors

You are buying in May? I think the 2007 models will be coming out in Auguest 2006 - if you can wait 3 more months, you might get a better deal on the 06s as they are trying to move them off the lot - or maybe you'll want an 07 by then?!

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
shift_joe said:
I really like the Silver Lightning on the 06s, but it's really just a person preference.

If you haven't already, go to nissanusa.com and build an online car and check out the different colors

You are buying in May? I think the 2007 models will be coming out in Auguest 2006 - if you can wait 3 more months, you might get a better deal on the 06s as they are trying to move them off the lot - or maybe you'll want an 07 by then?!
welcome, I hope this forum is gonna help you make a perfect choice on your next purchase :cool:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
ggeorgie said:
welcome, I hope this forum is gonna help you make a perfect choice on your next purchase :cool:

This is true, but even better, you should have bought your Mada between October-December. Rule of thumb buy a car or anything with depreciation per-year, at the last 3 months toward the end of the year. Why? End of the year, better deals, post-new year deals.

Don't buy in the summer, buy in the winter. I know it sucks, 9 months to go. Save you at least 5k-10k.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
05BLIZZARDLE said:
WHITE...I think it is the easiest and best at hiding scratches and dings. The worst color w/ the most maintence in definetely BLACK.
i agree to this one.. but i pick the smoke one.. :D i like the white but the wifey dont like it. then i like black but to keep that BIG thing clean will be a pain specially in AZ. i pick the smoke because it's not as bad to maintain like black too.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I've always driving black cars - this is my first non-black. I have a Silver LE - and I have to say, it's pretty, pretty, pretty, and it's waaaaayyyyy better at hiding dirt. We had snow here a few ago - and you could hardly see the white salt/road grime. W/ my black cars, you saw that instantly! Plus, you HAD to wax them, or they looked like crap.

My preference was black, but I couldn't find a used one quickly enough with my options, in my price range. I'm *really* happy with the silver. Not a big fan of the white - it's just too flat of a color for me.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Another vote for SMOKE (of course). You get almost all the "flair" of black, without all the work (waxing).

The best thing to do though is just go to all the dealerships near you and see which one you like best. Although I will say that you'll get a better feel for the true color if you find them on the street, or even used ones. Everything on the new dealer lot is shiny and clean, but the ones on the street are more like what you will see day to day, unless you plan to wash and wax every 3 days at home.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
My Armada was the first and will be the last black vehicle I'll ever get (unless I could get someone to wash/wax it everyday for free)! It does look really awesome though after I put a good layer of wax on it :D . BUT, if I had to do it over again, I'd go with smoke or silver lightening.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Pwrl3ss said:
My Armada was the first and will be the last black vehicle I'll ever get (unless I could get someone to wash/wax it everyday for free)! It does look really awesome though after I put a good layer of wax on it :D . BUT, if I had to do it over again, I'd go with smoke or silver lightening.
I hear you man, I had a black truck, and even though it was a small pickup, it had to be cleaned all the time. Since then, it has been white, silver and smoke.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Dito that. Had a black jeep - pain in the A$$ to keep clean. Went to the other extreeme and bought a white VW Passat for the wife, also not easy to keep clean.
Commited on a smoke Armada; two days before we were supposed to pick it the dealer informed us that it was involved in a lot accident - did we have an other preference, told him Silver. A day before we supposed to pick it up dealer e-mailed us and told us that they could not find a Silver LE 4x4 with tow pkg. but had a white?
Told the dealer OK - smoke, silver and white were our presferenses anyway.
Got to the dealer, before signing all the paper work we walked out to look the new family addition over - IT WAS SILVER?? Asked the salesman what happened to the white "White, what white"?? We told him "NEVER MIND" Moral of the story: We love Silver, would not have it any otherway. Best of luck with your choice.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Granite is low maint and easy on the eyes.

Purchased one last night. I was toying with slightly used but had a few sold out from under me before I could see them. On a lark I called a local dealer (MD) and asked what he could do for me. I walked away that night with a new truck. Ours is Granite with graphite interior LE loaded with everything. Looked at Infininty also - but 10k for 10 hp tweek and minor luxury enhancement did not fly. I highly recommend going in or calling on the last day of the month. The agents and managers are rabid by this time and will eat off their right arm to sell you a car. The 100k Gold warranty is also negotiable. It was offered to me for $2400, I declined. 5 minutes later it was $100 over cost ($1700) and I still had 2 days to pull the trigger. Do some research - and arrange all financing ahead of time. My credit union was the best @ 2.4% plus I carried a large cashiers check in as well. 42K out the door with out of state no tax military registration. Let us know how you do, good luck.

Mil

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Milpil said:
Purchased one last night. I was toying with slightly used but had a few sold out from under me before I could see them. On a lark I called a local dealer (MD) and asked what he could do for me. I walked away that night with a new truck. Ours is Granite with graphite interior LE loaded with everything. Looked at Infininty also - but 10k for 10 hp tweek and minor luxury enhancement did not fly. I highly recommend going in or calling on the last day of the month. The agents and managers are rabid by this time and will eat off their right arm to sell you a car. The 100k Gold warranty is also negotiable. It was offered to me for $2400, I declined. 5 minutes later it was $100 over cost ($1700) and I still had 2 days to pull the trigger. Do some research - and arrange all financing ahead of time. My credit union was the best @ 2.4% plus I carried a large cashiers check in as well. 42K out the door with out of state no tax military registration. Let us know how you do, good luck.

Mil
Congrats and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Pwrl3ss said:
I traded a black conversion van and it was the sharpest van I'd ever seen. Yesterday iIbought a black Mada....yes it is a pain to keep clean, but man nothing looks a good or impressive when it is clean and shining!.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
On color the choice is easy: Choose the one YOU like and don't worry about it. Be decisive and don't worry about what other people think.

That's one of the great things about owning an Armada . . . they are still relatively unique. There is not one in every other driveway like with Tahoe or Expedition, etc.

Express your own personality with color choice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.