Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
37 Posts
over 150 this week so far for me and it's only wed......BUT...I coulda had an econo box........but I wanna drive a 'mada...so....

· Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I wouldn't mind so much if I was getting the mileage I was getting when I first bought my armada which was close to 12mpg city and gas was $1.50. I'm sitting with right at 160 miles on this tank of gas and the needle shows about 5/16 of a tank left....guessing I'm getting about 9mpg now. So gas up 200% + mpg down 25%=:censor: :chainsaw: Whats strange is last week I had to run down to Galveston and I got 18.4mpg, the highest I've ever gotten on the highway, but my city mpg has been down around 10.5-10.7 for about a year and the last 3 fill ups around 10.1?

My safety inspection is about due for renewal plus I'm getting close to 3000 miles on the last oil change and I need to get the trailer harness recall done while I'm at it. I know the dealers just going to shake their head since I don't have any SES lights going off.

· Premium Member
1,431 Posts
yea I've done the ecu reset a few times. The first couple it would go up for a tank then be right back down the next. Last time it made no difference.

· Premium Member
359 Posts
sasha_khj said:
Hey guys and ladies.....

What do you think about price of a gas??? Driving Mada become more & more expansive $60 :mad: a week it is crazy
Sucks. I keep telling myself to buy Chevron stock.

· Premium Member
184 Posts
My Alternative

Like some folks say, if anyone had to worry about spending too much on gas, then maybe getting the Armada wasn't such a good idea. I myself have my opinions about high gas prices, but I really bought my Armaday to haul family and friends around, to pull my trailer, and for big moving jobs. Before I purchased my Armada, I already had an alternate means of transportation...my motorcycle! Like everyone else with an Armada I pay about $68.00 for a full tank. It now averages about $3.00/gal here in the Washington D.C. metro area. But with the warmer weather and my motorcycle, I can stretch a full tank on my Armada to two weeks or more. Just an idea for anyone who is interested. =)

· Premium Member
895 Posts
Paspasero said:
Like some folks say, if anyone had to worry about spending too much on gas, then maybe getting the Armada wasn't such a good idea. I myself have my opinions about high gas prices, but I really bought my Armaday to haul family and friends around, to pull my trailer, and for big moving jobs. Before I purchased my Armada, I already had an alternate means of transportation...my motorcycle! Like everyone else with an Armada I pay about $68.00 for a full tank. It now averages about $3.00/gal here in the Washington D.C. metro area. But with the warmer weather and my motorcycle, I can stretch a full tank on my Armada to two weeks or more. Just an idea for anyone who is interested. =)
Ditto, pretty much just use my Armada for towing and for foul weather. My 04 has a TOTAL of <13k miles and over 90% of the miles are from towing our dirt bikes somewhere to have fun.
My Honda ST1300 gets about +40mpg and is a lot easier to park, not to mention the fun factor. I commute on it nearly everyday and love it, I even drop my oldest son off at school 4 days a week with it. During the past month or so the seemingly non-stop rain in N.Cal has made me nearly "postal", I really miss the psychological therapy riding the motorcycle offers. After years of riding street bikes, driving a car, any car, just seems boring and down right wasteful. Riding around in a isolated air conditioned cage is not for me, at least on a daily basis.

· Premium Member
166 Posts
I was on 1/4 of a tank today and filled up. It cost me a whopping $8. Nope I didn't miss anything, you read that right, eight dollars, and I live in Ca.

What I did was get a shell gas card that gives me 1% back on all purchases and 5% back on shell purchases. We stopped using the debit card all the time and use this credit card. I pay it off every 2 or 3 weeks so I don't go into debt or get nailed for interest. I had a $50 credit on it until today. Should have another $50 credit come the next statement.

· Premium Member
95 Posts
I couldn't believe that people pay $1 a bottle(1 PT) of water out of the vending machine. That would be $8 a gallon. Saudi is so rich in oil, water probably cost more than gas.

· Premium Member
166 Posts
I towed the trailer and racecar over 600mi. to Ohio through the mountains of WV. My trip computer showed an average of 8.0 mpg. Each fill up (3 times) was about 25-26 gallons at $2.85. :eek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.