Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2013, and having intermittent issues with starting. Turn key and it is situation normal ( radio comes on, lights everything as you would expect), right up until I get a hum and then nothing. Turn ignition back off and on again same thing.. Turn part way, shift out of park, then back into park, wiggle shifter left and right and unlock steering, turn off then back on and fires up like nothing happened. This occurs either frequently (several times a day for a few days) or will go months without happening. Sometimes it takes 1-2 tries to start following above procedures (making sure to hold tongue just right sometimes helps as well) or other times may take 5-10 tries and walking away p*ssed off and back to try 20min later and it starts. On other threads and sites I have heard of everything from IDPM ECM Relay replacement, IDPM Board Replacement and Neutral Safety Switch replacement... Any have similar issues. *Note- it has never stalled while driving or loss of power, issue is only when starting truck.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas on above..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine does something similar to this every once in a while. For me I just shift to neutral, and it will start every time. The next time it happens instead of doing your whole routine, put the truck and neutral and see if it will start. If it does, then 99% sure it is your saftey switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2011 Platinum and it had the same problem occasionally. Have researched the reasons and found what DramArmada found but also found some folks replaced the started and that fixed their problem. Mine usually starts after 2 or 3 cycles of the ignition switch, have never moved the shifter. For now, Ill just put up with it, replacing the started is very time consuming for me to do and costly to have a shop replace it. Looks like its a common problem for our Armadas. What you do just depends on when its on your nerves enough. My hair is already gone so I'm good.🤣

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Hello Armada Nation, I have a 2004 that had that the same problem. long story short, I saw a YouTube video where it shows you to remove the R2 relay (ECM) and replace it with the R4 relay (fog lamps). after 3 weeks, no more problems. when to the dealer to replace the fuse...$6.00

Attachments

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Have a 2013, and having intermittent issues with starting. Turn key and it is situation normal ( radio comes on, lights everything as you would expect), right up until I get a hum and then nothing. Turn ignition back off and on again same thing.. Turn part way, shift out of park, then back into park, wiggle shifter left and right and unlock steering, turn off then back on and fires up like nothing happened. This occurs either frequently (several times a day for a few days) or will go months without happening. Sometimes it takes 1-2 tries to start following above procedures (making sure to hold tongue just right sometimes helps as well) or other times may take 5-10 tries and walking away p*ssed off and back to try 20min later and it starts.
Are you getting the CLICK, CLICK noise? if so then it's your starter. That is the way mine 2010 started doing. I myself replaced the starter and problem went away.

Hello Armada Nation, I have a 2004 that had that the same problem. long story short, I saw a YouTube video where it shows you to remove the R2 relay (ECM) and replace it with the R4 relay (fog lamps). after 3 weeks, no more problems. when to the dealer to replace the fuse...$6.00
The 2004 has is a different IPDM board compared to the 2010 and up you can not interchange it like so

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have a 2013, and having intermittent issues with starting. Turn key and it is situation normal ( radio comes on, lights everything as you would expect), right up until I get a hum and then nothing. Turn ignition back off and on again same thing.. Turn part way, shift out of park, then back into park, wiggle shifter left and right and unlock steering, turn off then back on and fires up like nothing happened. This occurs either frequently (several times a day for a few days) or will go months without happening. Sometimes it takes 1-2 tries to start following above procedures (making sure to hold tongue just right sometimes helps as well) or other times may take 5-10 tries and walking away p*ssed off and back to try 20min later and it starts. On other threads and sites I have heard of everything from IDPM ECM Relay replacement, IDPM Board Replacement and Neutral Safety Switch replacement... Any have similar issues. *Note- it has never stalled while driving or loss of power, issue is only when starting truck.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas on above..
I had something similar happening and it was quite annoying. In the end it was the solenoid on the starter. Since then, not one issue. Serviced the starter in the process as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts