Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am well aware of the problems with the brakes. I've had the rotors turned three times already (owned the Armada for 9 months, 7800 miles) and am on the list for the new brake kit. Anyway, I noticed from the very beginning that if I have to brake suddenly and hard everything goes flying in the car. My kids headphones fall off, everything comes forward and ends up on the floor underneath the seats! I've had that happen when just trying to stop for a light that I wasn't expecting to turn red. I should mention that this isn't when braking hard enough for the anti-lock brakes to engage but just sudden braking in traffic etc. I've never had such a problem with this with any other SUV I have owned. I am really hoping the new brake kit will help with this problem too. I don't know how many times I've just decided to speed up through a yellow light instead of trying to stop the thing! Any one else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
It sounds to me like you're having the same issue I used to have- and that is getting used to the power of this vehicle. It will get you going fast quick, and it's likely you don't realize how fast you're going, especially in a 5200 lb. vehicle! Takes some getting used to..

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Problem?
Sounds like your brakes are working better than any other SUV you've owned so far. Things flying off the seats happen when you are decelerating rapidly from braking. The new brake fix should improve the ability for you to throw stuff off your seats by improving your stopping ability and braking distance. Sorry, but this isn't a problem, its what most people wish they had. Probably stopped you from getting into a few accidents already that you would have had in the old SUVs you drove.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess you are right, that I am just getting used to driving a larger and more powerful vehicle. I guess I never realized how much different it was than our old SUV-a Pathfinder. Quite a difference!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts