Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i went threw quite a bit of mud yesterday and now my tire pressure monitor says i have a flat and the warning light on the dash and nav screen is on...tire pressure reads 30psi(normal for me). i went threw a car wash and got the mud off but still no luck...any suggestions???

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
No. The sensor is inside the tire on the stem. Not sure how mud on the outside could affect the inside. :confused:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
drcookie said:
30psi is a little too low in my opinion. Have you tried increase the tire pressure to at leave 35psi and see if the warning light goes off?

Just a thought.
30psi is too low, mine went off too when tire pressure dropped to 30psi. You need to have the pressure at around 35-37 (which is normal).

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill try 35 psi today and see what happens....thanx

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
fiddlyD said:
ill try 35 psi today and see what happens....thanx

fiddlyD
You should get better mileage, wear and handling also though we are talking contis here though. ;)

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at what pressure does the flat tire light go on??

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
The manual says 28 PSI sets it off. ;)

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
then why is mine going off at 30 and 31??

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
I'd say either the tolerance is slightly off or your gauge is. Regardless, you should be running at 35psi. Lower than that and you start getting bad wear and mileage. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
you have to pass the 35psi..the light will then go away..it goes off at 28..this is how it works with our Armada

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
My light came on and all 4 were at 34. I pumped them to 35 and the light stayed on. It took 4 days and a Sat appointment at the dealership to find out that they recommend 36 and that you have to drive about 25 miles to get the sensors to reset. BTW: The light finally went off on the way to the dealership :huh:

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i fixed it....i just pumped all the tires to 35 and it went off and it was just the front two.....man i dont know how you guys drive with 35psi....its too damn bumpy and ratty....i went down to 32 and now im happy...

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Stock SE tires

They were/are P285R70/17 BFG Rugged Trail T/A. Only bought three as I put the brand new spare into service. Bought them at Big O for $220.00 total each, mounted, balanced, old tire tax, and sales tax. Big O was cheaper than Sams or Costco.

Either here or on TitanTalk some one was touting another BFG. I bought the original type so they match the spare.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.