Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is finally has a few miles on it so I took the boat out to fill it up with gas. I have a 2002 Eliminator 28 Daytona with twin 496 Mags. The boat with a full tank of fuel and trailer weighs about 10,000 lbs. I have to say I am very happy with the performance. The Armada pulled the boat easily and actually felt a lot better than my 2001 Yukon Denali. I'm in Florida so the roads are mostly flat which makes it easier, but I was impressed.

Here is a picture of the boat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
pstorti said:
My truck is finally has a few miles on it so I took the boat out to fill it up with gas. I have a 2002 Eliminator 28 Daytona with twin 496 Mags. The boat with a full tank of fuel and trailer weighs about 10,000 lbs. I have to say I am very happy with the performance. The Armada pulled the boat easily and actually felt a lot better than my 2001 Yukon Denali. I'm in Florida so the roads are mostly flat which makes it easier, but I was impressed.

Wow, you got my JetSki beat. ;)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Trans Temp

"I never noticed the trans temp I'll have to remeber to look next time" :eek:

Yeah, you may want to look at that. ;)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
pstorti said:

I assume your using a weight distribution hitch?

It should feel alot better than a Yukon since it's got about a 1000 lb higher towing capacity....still about a grand less than you package.

You'll be fine though as long as you stay around 50-55 mph. Pay attention to what gear it's when at speed, if it's ever shifting down to 3rd just to maintain the speed your cruising at on just a small incline....your gong to fast. If your towing short distances you'll be fine as well. Since you are pulling an over-max load you'll need to be carefull, cause if you burn it up, they will likely ask you what rig your towing......then it might not be so fun after that.

I used a V6 mini-van to pull a near max load, and it caused me problems. Mini-van engine is very torquey with a quite large trans cooler, and air bags on the rear suspension yet on a hot day in the mts, averaging 56 mph I amost burned her up on a 5 hour pull.

Something to think about. I'm sure your carefull.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
pstorti said:
The boat with a full tank of fuel and trailer weighs about 10,000 lbs....
Besides prematurely wearing out your Armada pulling a load nearly 1k over the max, if you are involved in a accident and the towing over-load comes to be known you are opening yourself up to severe legal and financial consequences. I believe your own insurance company can leave you high-and-dry if they think they can prove that you knowingly towed a trailer over the rated vehicle capacity, even if it was not your fault. If someone is injured or heaven-forbid killed you could be toast ~ $ and/or prison, otherwise known as negligence and manslaughter. I am not trying to lecture to you but you should be very aware of the very bad things that could arise from your choice. You simply don't have enough rated capacity to have a legal tow vehicle. Be VERY, VERY careful!

BTW, nice boat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.