Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I sold my old 2010 duramax 3/4ton because... there's a huge list but the big ones are fuel gauge stopped working years ago, after using 1/4 of tank gauge would be bottomed out. Years of dextron or whatever put into tank that is suppose to break up buildup to solve it never did anything, then final straw was when towing only (the only reason I used the truck) I started losing A/C cold air, would burn up thermostats every 2 months, and then low oil pressure warning every acceleration, trusted advice: rebuild and delete motor. That's the short list why I'll never buy a gm again. I only say this so no one replies "just get a truck"

So what have people done to your armada to beef up the rear for towing? I have a max 6200# travel trailer and have pulled it couple times now with my '17 qx80 4x4. I want to reinforce rear for longevity as it has plenty of power and tow is a better ride than the dmax was. My concern is I am completely over loading the rear components.

I can change the rear springs over weekend in my shop/garage, anyone know what springs to refer me to? I like the airlift 1000 post from about 2015 too, is that an option on these newer ones? Thanks

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
You're going to want to add an aftermarket transmission cooler for sure.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If Nissan brags 8500 tow rating and there isn't an oil cooler built into trans, [deleted, don't want to hurt feelings]. I'll just add a deep trans pan if trans wasn't built to keep up with cooling. I am more concerned now if there is no oil cooler and I'll need to put a heating pad on trans to keep fluid warm...

Anyway I see the Firestone helpers seem to help us, I'll look into this but anyone that has bought them for your 2nd gen I would love to read about your experience and how it's helped with towing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts