Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Armada SV and just had the transmission rebuilt.
Ever since the rebuild, it shifts hard into 2nd when cold but then it’s fine after it warms up.
It also has a subtle pulse when going uphill at low speeds. (About 1500-2000 RPM between 35 & 40 MPH).
It also feels like it shifting up too soon and not downshifting when it needs to.
My mechanic has taken a look at it. It’s not showing any codes.
I took him on a test drive and he felt it it too but has no idea what’s causing it.

Could it be something other than the transmission?
I just replaced one of my catalytic converters.
I just replaced my MAF sensor. Reset my ECU too.
Idles great. Runs great otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
can't believe you had so many issues on a 2012?!

if its not throwing a code, it may be low tranny fluid or INCORRECT nissan fluid. can you confirm exactly what fluid the shop used? incorrect fluid can cause issues.

the ECM and TCM may need to be reprogrammed or the ecm may need to be reset so it can re-learn the tranny.

engage TOW MODE. how does that feel? do the shift points change (they should)?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
It could be many things other than the tranny BUT - if it idles fine then it isn't the MAF. CAT problems should throw a code.

Don't overthink it - you are saying you just had the tranny rebuilt and now it doesn't shift right. There's your problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Simple, bad rebuild as noted for 2nd shift. Did you reset the ECU after you noticed the other issues or before? Could not tell if it is controlled electronically by a quick look, which leaves the valve body has some dirt inside or got damaged. That's also typical from a rebuild that did not keep site EXTREMELY clean. This area is very sensitive to even the tiniest contamination. I screwed up one time with just the few fibers from a paper towel left in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts