Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Armada. A guy at work had a Titan and has the Superchips Cortex 4950 that he ran on the truck. According to the box it only goes through 2009. However online it says it goes through 2010. Does anybody have experience with this chip? I am assuming when it was made the newest model was the 2009 so that’s why it says that. But does anybody know for certain? Do I need to update it to get the 2010 tuning or should it just plug and play? I am not looking for extra power I am plenty happy with the stock power. I am looking for increase MPG. I will only be running the economy tune. I know it might not be much of an improvement but even 1 mpg is worth it to me as he only want $50 for it. Any help or experience with this tuner would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I want to mention to make sure that he un-married it from his Titan, otherwise you won't be able to put any tunes onto yours.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I forgot to mention that he did un-marry it when he sold the truck. I was gonna try the chip out before I gave him the money just in case.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention that he did un-marry it when he sold the truck. I was gonna try the chip out before I gave him the money just in case.

Do that for a tank of gas and see if you get any savings, and if you do it'll probably pay for itself in a year.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally got the programmer updated and installed. Trip to Cincinnati on Monday which is a 8 hr round trip. We shall see if it helps any.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trip to Cinci was cancelled. However I have been tracking the last few tanks. I have seen about a 1 to 1 1/2 MPG increase since installing the tuner. That was with the mileage tune. I have currently switched to the 87 octane tune. Will report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts