Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look at the nissan web site or the 2006 brochure the trim that says "off road" is by the V-8 on the front doors. It was missing on my vehicle and we made note to the dealer at delivery.
No problem, parts ordered. Parts received. Now the dealer tells me that nissan will not pay them for the parts! What gives?
2006 SE-OR owners, does your vehicle have the trim shown in the brochure and on the web site?

dave - is nissuck pulling a fast one :confused:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Dealer should cover you...

Is the dealer trying to make you pay for the parts? If they didn't tell you there was a cost involved upfront, then I don't think you should be liable for the cost after the fact. A decent dealership would eat that cost and make sure they had a happy customer, especially on something that ALL of their marketing tools explicitly show.

Just curious... how much are they charging for the "Offroad" lettering? I'm sure it's not cheap, but how much can they really expect people to pay for chrome-plated plastic letters with sticky tape on the back?

If the dealer doesn't back you on this, I would find some contact info for NissanUSA and start writing some letters. Let em know you can write the same letters to your local news media as well.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Trim

DaveDatsun said:
If you look at the nissan web site or the 2006 brochure the trim that says "off road" is by the V-8 on the front doors. It was missing on my vehicle and we made note to the dealer at delivery.
No problem, parts ordered. Parts received. Now the dealer tells me that nissan will not pay them for the parts! What gives?
2006 SE-OR owners, does your vehicle have the trim shown in the brochure and on the web site?

dave - is nissuck pulling a fast one :confused:
My 05 just says V8. The sticker say 2005 SE-OR. You can tell if it is an OR by the wheels/tires, the lower 4-LO ratio, the skid plate on the t-case and the perforated leather. I'm glad it does not say "Off Road" I personally may debadge the entire truck.

2005 SE OR
Borla Exhaust
K&N Air Charger

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
SE Off Road1 said:
the lower 4-LO ratio,

Lower ratio? My service manual shows no difference between the SE, LE or SEOR's t-cases?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Cillyone said:
Lower ratio? My service manual shows no difference between the SE, LE or SEOR's t-cases?
The LE & SE OR have the lower 4 Lo Ratio (3.357:1) standard. This may have changed in 06 I'd have to look. On an SE you have to have the tow package to get the lower 4 Lo Ratio

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
It isn't 4 lo that is a lower ratio. The rear is lower, so all gears are lower. All 4wd come with 4 lo but the lower gearing is for towing and part of the bigtow kit, which is optional on SE, standard on SEOR and LE. ;)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
It isn't 4 lo that is a lower ratio. The rear is lower, so all gears are lower. All 4wd come with 4 lo but the lower gearing is for towing and part of the bigtow kit, which is optional on SE, standard on SEOR and LE. ;)
I do stand corrected; it is the pinions not the t-case ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
The lower rear end ratio is comes with the tow package on any of the Armada trim levels and is unrelated to the Off Road package I believe.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Cillyone said:
The lower rear end ratio is comes with the tow package on any of the Armada trim levels and is unrelated to the Off Road package I believe.
That is true.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Cillyone said:
Correct, except that the off road comes with the tow standard like the LE, probably because of the gearing more than anything else. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.