Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have finally found the right set of wheels for my Armada. The rims are 22 x 9.5 with a 20mm offset. Just wonder what kind of offset everyone else is riding with and what size tires. From what I am seeing I should go with 305/45R22 tires.

What is the recommended offset for 22 inch wheels? What tire size?

Thanks fellas in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
wackdogg said:
I think I have finally found the right set of wheels for my Armada. The rims are 22 x 9.5 with a 20mm offset. Just wonder what kind of offset everyone else is riding with and what size tires. From what I am seeing I should go with 305/45R22 tires.

Offset is not dependent on outer diameter. The offset is dependent on the width, 9.5 in your case. 20mm should be ok.
As for tires, 305-45-22 = 33", so they should clear fine. Stock outer diameter. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
wackdogg said:
Cmon TripleBlack hook me up with your opinion......do you think that I will rub?
Ding, you got mail! :2cool:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I'd verify with the wheel guy that you have the best offset. Mine had two offsets. I got 10mm but there was one, less offset I think, that the spokes would not clear the brake calipers. Since our bolt pattern also fits GM, I'd let them know its for a Nissan up front. ;)

Stock offset is 25mm for an 8" rim. More offset is deeper into the well. With a 20mm offset, your rim back will be about 1/2" deeper into the well. The outer part of the rim will be 1" out more. The tire, a 305, will be 1/2" more in than stock, and 3/4" out more than stock. These are approximations, but close. :D

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to the wheel guy and he said that offset would be fine. I also called up the manufacturer of the wheels. They said that anything from 10mm to 20mm with a 9.5 inch wide rim would fit the Armada, no problem with the 305/45 tires. So I bought them. I will post pictures next week when they get here.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Good deal. ;) :excellent

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
wackdogg said:

YES 305/45R22 IS THE MOST COMMON
THIS IS MINE. I GOT THESE RIMS OUT OF CALI. BUT I LIVE IN FLORIDA.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
DISER92 said:
YES 305/45R22 IS THE MOST COMMON
THIS IS MINE. I GOT THESE RIMS OUT OF CALI. BUT I LIVE IN FLORIDA.
Hey Neighbor. I'm in Metrowest after my apartment in Hunter's Creek was destroyed by Charlie. Building in Windermere. :hi:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts