Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel safe using the third row for your kids? Do you think they are safer there, or in the passenger backseat??? It seems like they are awfully close to the back window when they are in the third row. Just curious what others did.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The kids are always safest the closer they are to the center of the vehicle. We keep our kids (3, 9 & 12) in the middle row for safety and convenience. Sometimes it is necessary for them or their friends to use the 3rd row and I don't worry about them not being safe because they are back there. They all have shoulder straps and the curtain airbags are there in case of rollover. As far as being close to the back window - they are closer to the side windows and it is safety glass anyway.

Hope I helped!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Carseat anchors

2sacharm said:
Do you feel safe using the third row for your kids? Do you think they are safer there, or in the passenger backseat??? It seems like they are awfully close to the back window when they are in the third row. Just curious what others did.

Thanks!!
Not sure how old your kids are, but I have two 3 year olds (twins). We have the 2nd row captains chairs for their carseats. The third row only has one anchor point for car seats. I have used it though when Nana was in town. I'd feel safe with them in the 2nd or 3rd row.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
2sacharm said:

Thanks!!
When I grew up we had a flip up seat in the back of the station wagon bed that allowed 2 kids to sit in it facing the rear window. I also can remember many trips standing in the back of a van trying to balance around corners like on a surf board. And I remember riding home from the beach a couple miles sitting on the folded down tailgate of a pickup.
No shoulder belts or air bags, how did I ever survive? :crikey:

I also never wore a bike helmet, never owned elbow pads, and never a leash on at malls. :rolleyes:

I did have a cup however. :eek:

I think if you look at the fact there are shoulder seat belts, you are in a massive tall truck with a steel frame, there is space between the rear and the rear seats, you would have far less to worry about than say the back seat of a van or anywhere in a sedan.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
BLACK...you omitted the part where we all looked straight into a metal dashes :D

I also remember lawnchairs in the bed of a pickup or van.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
92TripleBlack said:
When I grew up we had a flip up seat in the back of the station wagon bed that allowed 2 kids to sit in it facing the rear window. I also can remember many trips standing in the back of a van trying to balance around corners like on a surf board. And I remember riding home from the beach a couple miles sitting on the folded down tailgate of a pickup.
No shoulder belts or air bags, how did I ever survive? :crikey:

I also never wore a bike helmet, never owned elbow pads, and never a leash on at malls. :rolleyes:

I did have a cup however. :eek:

I think if you look at the fact there are shoulder seat belts, you are in a massive tall truck with a steel frame, there is space between the rear and the rear seats, you would have far less to worry about than say the back seat of a van or anywhere in a sedan.
So true my mom had a 2 seater with 2 kids one of us rode lying down in the back or her sportscar!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I have 2 kids (age 3 1/2 and 5). I have them in the middle row. I have them there because it is easier for me if I need to hand something to them, or they want to hand something to me. BUT... they sometimes need to be separated, because they are arguing or bugging each other, and I will sometimes put my 5 year old back there. He likes it better back there, no little sister to bother him. I do believe that the Armada is safe. Oh, and yes, I remember the days of no seatbelts and sitting in the back of my Dad's pickup. Those were the days..... :p

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
No doubt, how did we survive? I see kids with no helmets riding around on bikes and scooters and it freaks me out. Guess I've crashed enough to know the value of a good helmet. Always wear one skiing and wakeboarding, Mt biking. etc. My neighbor takes off on his mt. bike alone, no helmet, his kids don't wear em, I cringe. So for the 3rd row seat. There is more room back there than just about anything out there, high up for sure. My kids ride back there once in a while but it's usually folded flat. No worries. I see kids riding backwards in Volvo wagons, that also freaks me out. Crash right through that in a big SUV. I would not be letting my kids ride in the 3rd row of that.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I usually keep the kids in the 2nd row. The only time I put them in the third row is if there are adult passengers that I have to bus around. If other kids get stuffed in the Armada, my kids get the 2nd row and they are loaded in the 3rd. I'm not saying that I do not trust the 3rd row, it's just way easier to have my kids in the 2nd (closer) row since they are both still in a car seat and booster.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
my 10 & 8 year old always sits in the 2nd row, but they love sitting in the 3rd row when their friends are around. I do not see any danger from anyone smashing in the back of the Armada, like everyone has noticed its pretty high back there. my only concern will be and God forbid a huge semi ( 18 wheeler ) cloud in the back of it on a freeway. and the chances of this happening are remote.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Better be ready

ggeorgie said:
my only concern will be and God forbid a huge semi ( 18 wheeler ) cloud in the back of it on a freeway. and the chances of this happening are remote.
If it does, I hope you are right with God, because everyone is going for a heck of ride, 3rd row or not. Just in case read these...

John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
If it does, I hope you are right with God, because everyone is going for a heck of ride, 3rd row or not. Just in case read these...

John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10
hey Brother, I am, I am. and if I am not, I would not be around here no more, but what makes keep going is a lot of prayer and Psalm 91 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.