Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three kids and the 2 "standard" wireless headphones that came with our 06 LE arent cutting it. Where can i get 2 more other than dealer? Is there any issues with running four of these things at once rather than just 2 if i simply buy two more of the same thing it came with?

Secondly, im concerned about carpet wear in the spot underwhat is effectively the second row seats when you flip them up. THe kids will be getting in the third row every time we go somewhere. Has anybody found any decent floormats for this area that would match a charcoal interior?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
http://www.cardomain.com/item/BRAIH02A
I have two set's of these and one of their adult set. Unless you have a really huge head these ones are the best. They fold up nice and compact and are light weight.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
llajumpvid said:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/BRAIH02A
I have two set's of these and one of their adult set. Unless you have a really huge head these ones are the best. They fold up nice and compact and are light weight.
Thanks a lot for the message, i actually ended up going to best buy, and for those of you in the market for this, the audiovox headphones as shown here ARE THE IDENTICAL MATCH to the factory headphones. I mean identical. you compare them when you have them in your hand and no doubt about it, this is the OEM supplier.

Audiovox perfect match headphones

·
Premium Member
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
thanks Bob, I had looked at eBay, found nothing great, but with your link I learned Directed are HP104, and that led me to more focused search on eBay, $40 for two sets with free shipping, here is link for anyone else interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Wireless-head...4605400QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
Those match Wallies that I linked above, and Directed look better (as you said fold flat). Site does not say whether HP104s have auto power off - do yours?.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,985 Posts
No Auto Off. I always hear them when they are left on, they make loud Skkeeeecckkkk sounds when there's no signal to them. The batteries are 2-AAA so I carry extras inside the rear center console. I usually replace the batteries in the main used pair every 6-mos or so.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
for anyone who is shopping here is some feedback. I went ahead and ordered from eBay at link in my last post above (or just search eBay for HP104, seller id242). $40 for two pairs, free shipping. Received my delivery today (coincidentally same day as my tire problem and decision to replace contis before they all wear out completely http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1698&page=3)

Headphones are exactly as advertised. As Bob noted two posts up, the fold flat feature is great. However, contrary to Bob's last post about his sets, the new HP104s do have auto off, which is a nice feature. They sound great, much better than the stock headphones IMHO.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Can someone update me on this one? I've searched for HP104s on ebay and everywhere on the web with no luck (other than $69 for two)

The links are broken or the model HP104 is/has been discontinued.

Why HP104s? Is there another model?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Thanks a lot for the message, i actually ended up going to best buy, and for those of you in the market for this, the audiovox headphones as shown here ARE THE IDENTICAL MATCH to the factory headphones. I mean identical. you compare them when you have them in your hand and no doubt about it, this is the OEM supplier.[/URL]
Audiovox is the OEM supplier to many auto makers. My wife's Jeep Commander has Audiovox for the rear video system. Same is in the Chrysler 300C.
Don't sleep on the off brands.
As a matter of fact. The cheap (see inexpensive) video system I have in the rear of my Armada is the EXACT same model that's made for a name brand company, all they did was change the name and charge over a $100 dollars more.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Can someone update me on this one? I've searched for HP104s on ebay and everywhere on the web with no luck (other than $69 for two)

The links are broken or the model HP104 is/has been discontinued.

Why HP104s? Is there another model?

Thanks!
I usually get mine from amazon. They have different brands, styles etc... I almost always end up with Audiovoxes though. What ever brand you get opt for the auto-off feature to save battery life.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I usually get mine from amazon. They have different brands, styles etc... I almost always end up with Audiovoxes though. What ever brand you get opt for the auto-off feature to save battery life.
Forgive me for being a little slow here :) do I just search for wireless headphones? I want to make sure I get the right ones. Thanks a bunch!

Lyzette

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I had these XO Visions. To me they where excellent. I gave them to my in-laws after my son broke the ones that came in the Chrysler 300C.

These are the ones I currently have, the Audiovoxes. They get the job done but like I said, I think the XO visions were better. Lighter, better battery life and better reception.

As for re-branding. I have this player in the Armada. It's a brand called Absolute (never heard of it prior to getting it) lol. Brands that share this exact platform are, Pyle, Tview, Audiovox, XOvision, Advent (which is a spin off off Audiovox, even comes with Audiovox branded manual lol) etc...

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I tried the audiovox units and was not very happy. I replaced them with 2 channel Farenheit 12S units, and am very pleased. I bought dual channel so the kids can use the factory IR and the Myron DVD IR at the same time.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-WLHP-100-Wireless-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B000PBW6VK/ref=de_a_smtd

Any feedback on these Power Acoustik WLHP-100 Wireless Infrared Headphones?

If I still have the factory DVD system, do I need dual?

Are the factory headphones that came with the car dual? That is why the kids can listen to the DVD player and I the radio and vice versa?

Thanks for all the help...as you can tell i'm completely clueless and I want to make sure I get the right headphones. THanks again!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-WLHP-100-Wireless-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B000PBW6VK/ref=de_a_smtd

Any feedback on these Power Acoustik WLHP-100 Wireless Infrared Headphones?

If I still have the factory DVD system, do I need dual?

Are the factory headphones that came with the car dual? That is why the kids can listen to the DVD player and I the radio and vice versa?

Thanks for all the help...as you can tell i'm completely clueless and I want to make sure I get the right headphones. THanks again!
I'm pretty sure it came with single channel.
All you need is single channel also. Two channel would be great if you had another form of media in the vehicle that broadcasted via IR.
Don't be scurred :) . Make the leap and just get the single channels.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.