Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are in the "which Nissan" mode. We are trying to decide between the Titan, the Armada or a Pathfinder.
Anyway, I saw the '05 Pathfinder yesterday and really liked it alot. The rear legroom may be an issue, so the Armada definitely wins on that one.
Anyway the SE Pathfinder had one feature that I really loved. The backs of the 3rd row seats and the floor of the cargo area had a dotted hard plastic material instead of carpeting. The guy at the dealership still hadn't seen an '05 Armada SE and couldn't tell me if this was the case for the Armada.
Can anyone here answer this for me?
Thanks,
Annette

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I think this is a feature exclusive to a 05 Pathy SE. IMHO I don't think this should be any type of a deal breaker. Compare major features between the Armada and Pathy, get an Armada, get a rear mat for the Armada, thank me later. :D

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
This is just me...and no offense to the Nissan folks...but if I was looking in the pathfinder class...I'd be looking at the Jeep GC with the Hemi engine option. In the larger SUV class -- there isn't much contest -- the Armada wins on all fronts.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't do it

DH and I are going back to Nissan after having tried Chrysler. We had a 2000 Dodge Durango that was a decent vehicle, but not our favorite. DH currently has a 1994 Dodge Ram that has only 75000 original miles and it is a total POS. Dodge would not honor the 7yr/70000 mile warranty, the dealings on that level have been far too numerous and just flat out underhanded so DH will not ever get another Chrysler product ever again. I currently drive a 2001 PT Cruiser which I just love, it's a great size and very useful. But overall IMHO I have never seen such an onslaught of recalls since owning these vehicles. I don't think a month has gone by that we haven't had at least 1 recall. Prior to these vehicles I drove an Infiniti J30 and DH had a Nissan (don't remember what). We both swore we would go back when these vehicles died. Since my son (now 13) is taller than I, and doesn't look like there is any chance he will stop growing anytime soon based on the grocery intake, we really do need something with good legroom in the 2nd row. I think we will go test drive a few vehicles this weekend. But boy, I really do like that floor covering on the back seats and cargo area of the Pathfinder SE. While a cargo mat is a good option, it doesn't do much to protect the backs of the seats and since we own a dog training business, we do occasionally load dog crates and dogs into the back of our vehicles.
More to think about I guess,
Annette

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Nissan

BoCRon said:
DH and I are going back to Nissan after having tried Chrysler. We had a 2000 Dodge Durango that was a decent vehicle, but not our favorite. DH currently has a 1994 Dodge Ram that has only 75000 original miles and it is a total POS. Dodge would not honor the 7yr/70000 mile warranty, the dealings on that level have been far too numerous and just flat out underhanded so DH will not ever get another Chrysler product ever again. I currently drive a 2001 PT Cruiser which I just love, it's a great size and very useful. But overall IMHO I have never seen such an onslaught of recalls since owning these vehicles. I don't think a month has gone by that we haven't had at least 1 recall. Prior to these vehicles I drove an Infiniti J30 and DH had a Nissan (don't remember what). We both swore we would go back when these vehicles died. Since my son (now 13) is taller than I, and doesn't look like there is any chance he will stop growing anytime soon based on the grocery intake, we really do need something with good legroom in the 2nd row. I think we will go test drive a few vehicles this weekend. But boy, I really do like that floor covering on the back seats and cargo area of the Pathfinder SE. While a cargo mat is a good option, it doesn't do much to protect the backs of the seats and since we own a dog training business, we do occasionally load dog crates and dogs into the back of our vehicles.
Annette

In the 70's ( oops telling my age) I bought nothing but Dodge, Crysler products and finally the lite came on over my head. I have been an avid Nissan buyer for over 25 years, trading in my beloved Xterra for a really great enjoyable ride, the Armada. Hope you enjoy yours when you get one as much as it appears everyone here does. ;)

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
BoCRon said:
Annette

We liked the 05 Pathy very much but after I sat in the 2nd row (not a chance I was going to try the 3rd row) we decided that it was cruel and unusual punishment for an adult to be back there for extended trips.

We also have a large slobbery lab who needs space or he get kinda anxious so with a heavy duty rear mat from Petsmart or Foster & Smith? we are going to give Bacon the entire area behind the 2nd row. I'd imagine you could easily put a couple crates back there and the second row passengers would still have ample room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts