Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks, looking to buy an Armada and had a few questions.

The blizzard white isn't a true white correct? looks like a little off white. Just wanted to verify.

You can't get graphite interior with white exterior right? Really want to get that combo.

Whats your opinion on the DVD package for the back? worth the money or better to go aftermarket?

Thanks In Advance!

-Jim

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I have a blizzard Armada, and it's very white. Looks very nice..

You should be able to get a graphite interior with the white no problem at all. I have white with steel, but I've seen white with graphite on the lots. As a matter of fact I have to believe it's probably the most popular choice. If you have a dealer telling you otherwise, I'd shop elsewhere.

As for DVD, no idea as I don't have it. Myron and Davis makes a 9" monitor now that replaces the factory part and looks just like it came from Nissan for a few hundred. I'v e always been a fan of aftermarket electronics myself.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually the dealer didn't tell me. I can't option a white car with graphite interior on the Nissan or any other new car ordering website. Does anyone have pictures of a 2005 Armada with that combo?

Beautiful truck btw! I like the interior.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
The white is Kenmore/Whirlpool white. Snow, home plate, and Michael Jackson may be whiter, but it wouldn't be by much.

You are correct, they won't even let you order the white with a graphite interior (I tried and went with tan instead). The "steel" is the most popular interior color with white, and it's not even a contest.

The DVD system, even for the $1200 invoice price, is a blatant ripoff. But, this is what happens when auto manufacturers dabble in the constant depreciation waters of the electronics industry. When they originally decided to offer a 7 inch DVD in the initial design phase a few years back, that $1200 probably seemed like a terrific price point. Nowadays you're better off going with aftermarket.

For the record, I got the DVD system. Not by choice, it just happened to be on the color/interior/drivetrain/tech package is right model I ended up settling for. I'm now pondering whether to add headrest monitors as well. (wife says "why would we do that!?!...."uh, 'cause I'm a guy, that's what guys do").

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I belive you should get what you pay for and no new Armada comes cheap.
I know options are important but make sure you get a good test drive and test all the controls out a few times.

The first Armada i test drove had rattles in the back when i went down the dirt roads and the rear air and sonar did not work, but it had every thing i wanted and the price was right. But something told me to try another one, so I did not get my dream color with my Armada but a few days later i joined this fourm and read all the post on problems with the Armada.

I have owned my Armada for 6 months now, no rattles no shakes every thing works.

Use different roads with dirt and pot holes every thing runs good on a free-way.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Don't pay the money for factory DVD. For the same amount or much less you can get an aftermarket that will play just about anything on CD/DVD plus include a TV tuner and larger screen. Check the link in my signature for how to hook the audio up to work just like the factory.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Wow

I stand corrected! I thought for sure I had seen that combo...it seems weird that they wouldn't offer it. I would have preferred the graphite to the steel for sure. Actually right now I'm thinking about some wet okole covers in graphite with steel inserts.

I would agree about the test drive- make sure you spend at least an hour or so and hit as much rough road as you can with it. If you can't make it rattle (but it will- some just worse than others) it should be ok.

Post some pics!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, well after discovering that white isn't available with graphite interior, we went with our second choice. Galaxy on Graphite LE 4X4 with Nav and DVD. Thanks for the advice guys. We had a lengthy test drive and it was solid.

Funny though after we got it home, the top center DVD console seems to squeek when we hit bumps in the road. Sounds like plastic rubbing. Can anyone tell me how to remove so i can reinstall and tighten it down.

The mada is awesome! We just bought an entire baby bedroom set and it all fit in the cavernous cabin. Lovin it!

-Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts