Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 377 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
nissan didnt put the HDD in the armada until 2008 models. older headunits dont have the grypcompass the 2008+ have.

i cant speak for titan so i dont know.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Yes it can be done on all 04-13 models, the only difference is the wires you have to tap. I did it on my 08 using the diagrams here. I used one regular switch and two relays, its one of the easiest mods u can do.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
the 2007 and earlier models dont have an HDD nor do they have an gryocompass in the HU so the mod for the 2008 and above is slightly different. the 2007s and earlier use a dvd player for the map data whereas the 2008s and newer have the map data and OS on the HDD. read through this thread one day and get an idea. ive been a part of this thread since day one. there are some slight differences in this mod over the 2007s and older. :D

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
2004-2007 is completely different than the 2008+ models. To make the '07 and older work you need a AV box such as a unit from TV&NAV2Go. You connect this to the DVD based Nav drive, and you are then able to run an AV cable from the new box to your DVD player. It is a little time consuming, and you have to make sure you are tapping into the correct wires, but it works. Also more expensive because you have to purchase the box.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
2004-2007 is completely different than the 2008+ models. To make the '07 and older work you need a AV box such as a unit from TV&NAV2Go. You connect this to the DVD based Nav drive, and you are then able to run an AV cable from the new box to your DVD player. It is a little time consuming, and you have to make sure you are tapping into the correct wires, but it works. Also more expensive because you have to purchase the box.
Thanks, that really suck, :(. I do not want to spend $200 plus.Back to the drawing board,lol.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Just installed the Mod yesterday. Bought the little kit from Tintmasters and installation went really smoothly. The hardest part was deciding where to put the Rocker Switch. Right now I just have it in a reachable position under the dash near the steering wheel...but I'd love to come up with a better place to put it here soon. Maybe in that little compartment between the two 12 volt accessory plug ins?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Maybe I skipped or missed it but I'm trying to do this mod on my 2013 Nissan Armada.

My only goal is to be able to input addresses in the Nav unit while the vehicle is in motion.

I am under the passenger seat now and it looks different then other units I've seen. I can't locate the VSS wire. Anyone know the color of the VSS wire on a 2013?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Well it took me hours, but I figured it out. On the 2013 the VSS and Parking brake wires are on the bottom pass side plug of the AV control unit. Pin # 107 is the VSS and is white with a green stripe. The parking brake is pin # 106 and is green.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm in the middle of trying to get this done now...

This is my '13 (back view/passenger side)

Is this where you found the VSS wire (white with green stripe)?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Will this mod work in a Non Nav system?
I have an 08 SE W/O Nav/DVD, but I do have a backup camera and I have installed a Myron/Davis DVD Player and monitor.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I used the MOD from Shane and it works great on my 08 Armada. Now I have a friend who has a 2010 QX 56 and wants me to do it on his car. Any confirmation that this MOD will also work on the Infinity as well? Any advice, instructions...coloring of the wires different I assume?

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
the 2010 qx is the same as the armada in terms of that so yes the mod will work there.

all you need to do is verify the VSS and parking brake wires on the Q and you are set.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Sweet. Thanks so much! I'll go ahead and purchase another mod from Shane then and Im sure I can find/verify the correct wires!

the 2010 qx is the same as the armada in terms of that so yes the mod will work there.

all you need to do is verify the VSS and parking brake wires on the Q and you are set.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I just completed this mod in my 08 Armada and I love it. I went the DPDT switch method and placed it in the console right above dvd player. I wanted to keep my interior as clean as possible looking. Thanks to everyone who contributed back in the day to make this possible. The only real issue I ran into was taking the center console apart enough to mount the switch and put it back together without damaging it. All in all it cost me about $18 that included a soldering iron kit and with 2 trips to radio shack it took about 5 hours. cheers!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
hi.
Went through the hole thread, and I still have a doubt.

I've a '08 Armada, without Nav, with DVD and backup cam.
Can I just ground the ebrake and speed pins?
Is there any side effect? (Like ebrake light stays on)

Since I have no Nav, there should be no reason to engage, disengage the mod.

I want this to put my iPhone screen on the car screen, using a HDMI to composite converter, connected to the video aux-in.

Thanks for the support.
Regards
A2day

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
still need to tap into park brake and VSS wires. that will unlock the controls the get locked out when you are driving.

make sure you build the relays properly. instructions are in this thread.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I was able to get access to my garage and I now have my MOD kit which was made by Shane @ tintmasters originally. It is in perfect condition, used it in my 2008 Armada for less than a year.

If anyone is interested PM me. MC

321 - 340 of 377 Posts