Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery in my 2008 Infiniti (first time bought it used), but autozone and the such say they wont do it due to professional installation needed. I checked the workshop manual and it has a lot of electronics that need to be reset after a battery change and suggest you go to the dealership. I have never run into this and I assume people change their own batteries, any tips/suggestions for steps after the battery is changed out? Parking lock, steering angle sensors etc.?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
baah humbug.. :p

get an obd port dongle that you can plug into a jump box to keep the settings. then remove/replace the battery. this is what I do. lots of videos on the web showing you how people do the same. some use the cigar port.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I don't know if a QX is any different than my Armada in this regard but - I just pull the old one and stick in the new one - no special care taken. Only thing I had to reset was my seat memory and radio station presets. Everything else was fine. It will reset your fuel trims, throttle settings etc but I don't think it is bad to reset those once in a awhile.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I only have an Armada, but the only outlier thing I had to do (other than seat and radio settings) is it turned on my airbag light. But after finding a post on the forum, that was an easy fix.

I can't imagine the Qx is that much different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts